Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
7 hours ago, tomski said:

Aye. Never really took to Juventus and I’m glad they’ve been knocked off their perch. Think they’ll be back with a bang next year.

In the 70's they had a great team with the likes of Romeo 'Smiling Assassin' Benetti, Franco Causio, Marco Tardelli, Zoff, Bettega etc. I enjoyed going watching them when I got chance. Unfortunately the Agnelli's and FIAT are bent bastards and there is a list of proven cheating against them (bribing referees etc) which devalues anything they have achieved.

They became Italy's equivalent of those dirty red bastards up the road so hope they continue to go without silverware for as long as possible.

• Members

On the Klopp v Pep thing I'd take Pep every time.

Klopp is a very nice guy. Nice guys often come second. I believe that Guardiola has more killer instinct and it is only a matter of time til they win the one they crave. Haaland may well prove to have been the missing link.

Edited by bolty58

Pep will change his entire set up and game plan next season. He generally does every 2 seasons. A lot of people seem to miss this.

He deffo bought Grealish for next season, he will have known he was getting Haaland since Kane fell through.

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

I should say the Italian league is gash

The fact the Champions top striker is Giroud, and their next one is Origi tells you all you need to know 

Miles off the quality of England, Spain and probably behind Germany now 

And PSG would probably brush their best teams aside 

Nowt special

28 minutes ago, Zico said:

The fact the Champions top striker is Giroud, and their next one is Origi tells you all you need to know 

Nowt special

Tammy Abraham to

35 minutes ago, Zico said:

The fact the Champions top striker is Giroud, and their next one is Origi tells you all you need to know.

Rafael Leao likes this.

Be interesting to see how they get on in CL next season, they do have some great players but whether or not its enough to get into layer stages I don't know. It's well past time that Tomori got a fair crack in some England squads.

Meanwhile, I wasn't expecting Hertha to turn that defecit around at Hamburg tonight, another season in Bundesliga 2 for SV.

52 minutes ago, Zico said:

Nowt special

Don’t quote me but something like 3 Italian clubs have taken part in the last 15 CL finals

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion sir. Yours is different to mine.

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Be a dull place if we all thought the same mate 

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

Spot on.

Woah there! Fuck that, we need a straightener outside the club shop for having a difference of opinion…

Or at least a few swear words and insults.

10 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Rafael Leao likes this.

Be interesting to see how they get on in CL next season, they do have some great players but whether or not its enough to get into layer stages I don't know. It's well past time that Tomori got a fair crack in some England squads.

Meanwhile, I wasn't expecting Hertha to turn that defecit around at Hamburg tonight, another season in Bundesliga 2 for SV.

I like it because it’s not elite. Reminds me very much of 90’s premier league. There are forwards that premier league clubs will pay big money for this summer I’m sure.

As for HSV well they are just doomed. Didn’t show up last night after doing all the hard work in Berlin. 

On an entirely more mundane level, & apologies if it's mentioned elsewhere, it seems the Class of 92 have taken a new tack and appointed a new manager who's not one if the experienced ones available (Michael Appleton the obvious choice) but a Neil Wood, the Stretford Redsox Under-23 manager.

Being an unknown I can't have any real view if the decision but it's certainly a change of direction.

Hope it's a complete fck up, of course.

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, tomski said:

I like it because it’s not elite. Reminds me very much of 90’s premier league. There are forwards that premier league clubs will pay big money for this summer I’m sure.

Top players and kits in the 90s 

Currently one for the romantics 

Those who still dream of James Richardson sat in a cafe drinking espresso and reading the gazetta dello sport headlines to them 

Just now, Zico said:

Top players and kits in the 90s 

Currently one for the romantics 

Those who still dream of James Richardson sat in a cafe drinking espresso and reading the gazetta dello sport headlines to them 

I’m defo in the category. I think my disenchantment with the Premier league certainly frees my time for interest and viewing as I couldn’t view it as an extra these days.

• Members
11 hours ago, MickyD said:

Woah there! Fuck that, we need a straightener outside the club shop for having a difference of opinion…

Has anyone other than me and stekbwfc ever turned up for one? Waste of time although they do seem to lead to a reet good piss up. Organising it for the back yard of the Three Crowns was probably a smart move on someone's part. Lifted the atmosphere ;)

12 hours ago, MickyD said:

That’s the difference 2 posters who respect each other’s views not someone who thinks there right and end of