Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

8 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Thatโ€™s the difference 2 posters who respect each otherโ€™s views not someone who thinks there right and end ofย 

You forgot the abuse and accusations and then being a massive shithouse ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ And protected ๐Ÿ˜Ž

36 minutes ago, tomski said:

Probably time to move on from this lads. I donโ€™t see anyone benefitting from continuing it on.

Iโ€™ll drop it when they are fucked off.ย 
ย 

but likely will be me as thatโ€™s how it works sadly.ย 
ย 

that isnโ€™t having a pop back at you by the way itโ€™s a valid point you raise as is mine as to why itโ€™s allowed to happen. But falls on deaf ears.ย 

Edited by Escobarp

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

ย 

ย 

that isnโ€™t having a pop back at you by the way itโ€™s a valid point you raise as is mine as to why itโ€™s allowed to happen. But falls on deaf ears.ย 

they?

as far as I know, neither Grey or Rudy are currently here

no one's been fucked off, both out of choice

no one's been banned

no one's been moderated

not by me anyway

and for the record, I'm a tech admin, not a mod, I'm not banning users or removing content, am just here to keep the site up and running

just not sure what your beef is, mainly because you never actually say, and appear to allude to things that haven't happened

so just to clear up confusion - what is your beef exactly?

(bear in mind, I'm not banning anyone or moderating anyone)

• Moderators
14 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Donโ€™t quote me but something like 3 Italian clubs have taken part in the last 15 CL finals

so

am on a teams meeting that is incredibly dull

so I've turned the camera off and gone on mute to compile a CL league table

since it's inception in 1993 there have finalists as follows:

Spain: 17
England: 15
Italy: 13
Germany: 9
France: 3
Netherlands: 2
Portugal: 1

Italy had 6 finalists in a row in the 90s - Madrid, Milan and Juve have the record with 3 in a row each - Ajax, Valencia, Man Utd and Bayern done 2

I then did a score system - 15 points for a win, 5 for runners up:

Spain: 190
England: 130
Italy: 115
Germany: 85
France: 25
Netherlands: 20
Portugal: 15

and yet the call is still going on

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

so

Italy had 6 finalists in a row in the 90s - Madrid, Milan and Juve have the record with 3 in a row each - Ajax, Valencia, Man Utd and Bayern done 2

Far better use of your time, mate

11 minutes ago, Zico said:

they?

as far as I know, neither Grey or Rudy are currently here

no one's been fucked off, both out of choice

no one's been banned

no one's been moderated

not by me anyway

and for the record, I'm a tech admin, not a mod, I'm not banning users or removing content, am just here to keep the site up and running

just not sure what your beef is, mainly because you never actually say, and appear to allude to things that haven't happened

so just to clear up confusion - what is your beef exactly?

(bear in mind, I'm not banning anyone or moderating anyone)

Beef? Are we in a spin off of top boy?

If you think folk being called racist , Nonces etc is acceptable Zico then youโ€™re not who I thought you were pal. Simple as that.ย 
ย 

some serious allegations made on this site about certain folk and nowt done. People behind them do it knowing theyโ€™re safe behind their keyboard. ย Itโ€™s sad.ย 
ย 

and if you think it doesnโ€™t happen repeatedly and fuck all done then you need to open your eyesย 

anyway itโ€™s clear itโ€™s tolerated behaviour on here so be it.ย 
ย 

and for the record billy bullshit has gone nowhere.ย 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Beef? Are we in a spin off of top boy?

If you think folk being called racist , Nonces etc is acceptable Zico then youโ€™re not who I thought you were pal. Simple as that.ย 
ย 

some serious allegations made on this site about certain folk and nowt done. People behind them do it knowing theyโ€™re safe behind their keyboard. ย Itโ€™s sad.ย 
ย 

and if you think it doesnโ€™t happen repeatedly and fuck all done then you need to open your eyesย 

anyway itโ€™s clear itโ€™s tolerated behaviour on here so be it.ย 
ย 

and for the record billy bullshit has gone nowhere.ย 

I just sit and watch

six of one, half a dozen of the other as far as I'm concerned

some times things gets personal

some of the time folk can't help themselves

it's always been this way, lots of things get said, some get retracted, some don't

some people take themselves off, very rarely is anyone banned - and even then, as far as I recall it's for incessantly talking negative shite from a footy point of view

99% of the time, the board moderates itself

one thing is for sure, there's no double standards from a mod point of view, not in my opinion anyway - grey wasn't banned, rudy wasn't banned

folk took sides

individuals chipped in with opinions which is fair enough, whether you agree with them or not is another thing

I'm not here to say anyone is right or wrong, I just roll with it

i'd say everything is tolerated, i have a high line that is very hard to cross

same as it ever was

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

ย 

ย 

Not seen as a pop donโ€™t worry. Fwiw I think all involved are good poster plus I know a few in real life as well.

Just donโ€™t think theyโ€™ll be outcomes that will please everyone and it could all just go on forever which does no one any good.ย 

To be fair if it canโ€™t be put to bed then it is what it is and I wonโ€™t bring it up again.

15 minutes ago, tomski said:

Not seen as a pop donโ€™t worry. Fwiw I think all involved are good poster plus I know a few in real life as well.

Just donโ€™t think theyโ€™ll be outcomes that will please everyone and it could all just go on forever which does no one any good.ย 

To be fair if it canโ€™t be put to bed then it is what it is and I wonโ€™t bring it up again.

Stop being such a nice reasonable guy please as it means I have to be reasonable in reply.ย 
ย 

I will let it drop. Ifโ€ฆ. Billy stops the incessant bullshit and the other makes his accusations to peoples faces instead of being a keyboard. Or when he does his usual then it gets moderated. Simpleย 

ย 

and I can get back to talking about football, bing and brasses which I very much enjoy
ย 

sounds reasonable?ย 
ย 

ย 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Stop being such a nice reasonable guy please as it means I have to be reasonable in reply.ย 
ย 

I will let it drop. Ifโ€ฆ. Billy stops the incessant bullshit and the other makes his accusations to peoples faces instead of being a keyboard. Or when he does his usual then it gets moderated. Simpleย 

ย 

and I can get back to talking about football, bing and brasses which I very much enjoy
ย 

sounds reasonable?ย 
ย 

ย 

Who doesnโ€™t like the last paragraph except maybe Jake Daniels.ย 
ย 

ย 

ย 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

see that's the subjective bit, what should be moderated and what shouldn't

like that nonce comment you mentioned - at the time, lots of sniping back and forth

i've never met either - not for me to say what's true and what isn't

one thing is for sure - Grey did not at any time appear offended by what was said, he appeared to laugh it off (or at the very least dismiss it) as more bullshit, he didn't make a complaint, nothing was reported (not that it woudl matter from my point of view)

but I'm certainly not getting offended on his behalf and moderating what was said, grey dealt with it himself

as said, most things tend to deal with themselves, either publicly, or, hazarding a guess, via PM

like i said, there's very little if anything in the way of double standards when it comes to moderating

you either like it, or you don't

either way, try to move on

grey and rudy have (for now, it would seem)

or don't

up to you

but everything you post will remain as far as I'm concerned

so still not sure what your "beef" is, but will happily leave you to it

just wanted to make it clear, from this "mods" point of view, about the moderating aspect you have issue with

16 minutes ago, Zico said:

like that nonce comment you mentioned - at the time, lots of sniping back and forth

one thing is for sure - Grey did not at any time appear offended by what was said, he appeared to laugh it off (or at the very least dismiss it) as more bullshit, he didn't make a complaint, nothing was reported (not that it woudl matter from my point of view)

but I'm certainly not getting offended on his behalf and moderating what was said, grey dealt with it himself

as said, most things tend to deal with themselves, either publicly, or, hazarding a guess, via PM

like i said, there's very little if anything in the way of double standards when it comes to moderating

or don't

up to you

just wanted to make it clear, from this "mods" point of view, about the moderating aspect you have issue with

This is the strange thing. Iโ€™ve not mentioned Grey in respect of comments made about an individual yet you keep on doing.ย 
ย 

heโ€™s big enough (well not literally) to fight his own battles should he choose.ย 
ย 

But listen if you think itโ€™s acceptable thatโ€™s entirely your call. Clearly weโ€™ve got different views on it and thatโ€™s ok. Not for me to tell folk whatโ€™s acceptable and whatโ€™s not.ย 
ย 

but letโ€™s drop the top boy chat as a very minimum blood ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

This is the strange thing. Iโ€™ve not mentioned Grey in respect of comments made about an individual yet you keep on doing.

it's not that strange

so who are you on about then?

that's the only nonce reference I can think of

you need to be more specific and less ambiguous about this apparent serious alllegations if we are to make this a constructive chat

once we do that, we can look to sort thisย beef ting, fam

2 hours ago, Zico said:

so

ย 

2 hours ago, Traf said:

Far better use of your time, mate

Battle. Nips

Even better use of your time.ย 

34 minutes ago, stevieb said:

ย 

Battle. Nips

Even better use of your time.ย 

Please say youโ€™ve a summer edition lined up mate or Zico. Forget who the nip father is now

ย 

Edited by tomski

2 hours ago, Zico said:

or don't

up to you

In reference to Grey he certainly didnโ€™t laugh it off but heโ€™s not one to go reporting it to the moderators heโ€™s a fairly relaxed guy, Rudy was very fortunate really as some wouldโ€™ve filled him in for his commentsย 

The only nonce thing I recollect is Rudy saying he stuck up for grey in a pub when someone, maybe a player playing under grey, referred to him as a nonce.ย 

Dont think he actually called him a nonce outright.ย 

Not taking sides or downplaying the story here btw just trying to piece together the actual allegations.

ย 

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

The only nonce thing I recollect is Rudy saying he stuck up for grey in a pub when someone, maybe a player playing under grey, referred to him as a nonce.ย 

Dont think he actually called him a nonce outright.ย 

Not taking sides or downplaying the story here btw just trying to piece together the actual allegations.

ย 

We can piece it together over a suitcase of bing ย at an away next season ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ