Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

In reference to Grey he certainly didn’t laugh it off but he’s not one to go reporting it to the moderators he’s a fairly relaxed guy, Rudy was very fortunate really as some would’ve filled him in for his comments 

well that's where I'm at

however he deals with it offline is nothing do with me

but if he's not reporting it or is being relaxed about it on here, I'm certainly not moderating it, as said, I'm not starting getting offended on other people's behalfs

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, tomski said:

Please say you’ve a summer edition lined up mate or Zico. Forget who the nip father is now

see other thread for the latest BattleNips news

8 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

On an entirely more mundane level, & apologies if it's mentioned elsewhere, it seems the Class of 92 have taken a new tack and appointed a new manager who's not one if the experienced ones available (Michael Appleton the obvious choice) but a Neil Wood, the Stretford Redsox Under-23 manager.

Being an unknown I can't have any real view if the decision but it's certainly a change of direction.

Hope it's a complete fck up, of course.

Yes that was a turn up, will be interesting to see where Appleton ends up.  Neil Wood could be another Neil Critchley (ex Liverpool reserves now at Blackpool) but its easy to think that as well as a manager they are getting someone who can be first in the queue for loaning some talented Utd kids.  Hope it ends in relegation for Salford anyway.

8 hours ago, Zico said:

Top players and kits in the 90s 

Currently one for the romantics 

Those who still dream of James Richardson sat in a cafe drinking espresso and reading the gazetta dello sport headlines to them 

Glorious days.  Transworld Sport Saturday morning, then Gazzetta.  Sunday afternoon watching Milan, Juve, Sampdoria, Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina.  There was hardly any other live footy to watch, and Continental players, kits and stadiums were so glamorous.

10 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Glorious days.  Transworld Sport Saturday morning, then Gazzetta.  Sunday afternoon watching Milan, Juve, Sampdoria, Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina.  There was hardly any other live footy to watch, and Continental players, kits and stadiums were so glamorous.

Blokes with long hair solid at the back

Little coked up argie running down the wing.

Jumpers for goal posts. 

Marvellous, isn't it 

19 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Transworld sport classic👌

still on regularly. iirc , premiersports or freesports , its on this saturday at 6am for instance. 

Futbol Mundial had the same vibe. 

1 hour ago, Zico said:

well that's where I'm at

however he deals with it offline is nothing do with me

but if he's not reporting it or is being relaxed about it on here, I'm certainly not moderating it, as said, I'm not starting getting offended on other people's behalfs

As I’ve said. I’m not referring to grey. You are. Let’s just leave it at that and I will deal with it my way 👍🏼

Transworld Sport was class. Get up at 6am on a Sunday. Dad already on the couch as his body clock gets him up 5am rain or shine. 

"morning" 

Sit in silence for an hour watching kabadi highlights, a piece on a record breaking retiring Peruvian high altitude mountain runner and finishing with yank in line skating championships

TV for people who didn't have sky sports. 

Edited by stevieb

28 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Transworld Sport was class. Get up at 6am on a Sunday. Dad already on the couch as his body clock gets him up 5am rain or shine. 

"morning" 

Sit in silence for an hour watching kabadi highlights, a piece on a record breaking retiring Peruvian high altitude mountain runner and finishing with yank in line skating championships

TV for people who didn't have sky sports. 

Fantastic memories!  Yes, that sums up Transworld Sports, the more obscure the story the better.  I don't think any of us had Sky Sports in them days, any decent sports coverage was snapped up.  The 2 main presenters/reporters, a man and a woman who were never seen, were like the Dan Maskell and Peter Alliss of that programme, iconic and irreplaceable, but seemingly anonymous.

Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

Fantastic memories!  Yes, that sums up Transworld Sports, the more obscure the story the better.  I don't think any of us had Sky Sports in them days, any decent sports coverage was snapped up.  The 2 main presenters/reporters, a man and a woman who were never seen, were like the Dan Maskell and Peter Alliss of that programme, iconic and irreplaceable, but seemingly anonymous.

Yes! The male and female voices I can still hear them now.

26 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

It wasn't what that title would mean today !

Caster semanya and that big unit American swimmer with a cock do the iron-(wo)man 

28 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

yeah bruce hamill (sp?) , dont think he does it now. 

one recent one that i remember were a skydiving in a wind tunnel kinda thing. looked like syncronized swimming in invisible water. 

Edited by e2e4
urls

16 hours ago, gonzo said:

Pugwall was always on before it haha

Always wanted to form a garage band and wear a yellow cycle helmet.

Transworld Sport still in existence on Premier Sports btw

Time watching Sunday Serie A on C4 used to be split with watching the live game on Granada

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

The Special One does it again. Please for the lad. Made history once more.

it was the first european trophy won by an Italian club in 12 years

he won the last one as well

14 minutes ago, Zico said:

it was the first european trophy won by an Italian club in 12 years

he won the last one as well

It's amazing to think that an Italian team hadn't won a European trophy in over a decade, but I think it just shows how utterly shit the Italian league is these days