Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Have I missed a rule change or something? How is that offside when there's a Liverpool player between the striker and the goal? Or have I been misunderstanding the offside rule for my entire life?

offside.thumb.jpg.9109381dcf42d5d328f7eb523ddb7679.jpg

You don’t know the rules 

and trust me, I wish they could give it.

Have I missed a rule change or something? How is that offside when there's a Liverpool player between the striker and the goal? Or have I been misunderstanding the offside rule for my entire life? Maybe I'm just having a massive brain fart.

Because he’s behind the keeper, he becomes the “keeper” and anyone in front of him is the last defender

Have I missed a rule change or something? How is that offside when there's a Liverpool player between the striker and the goal? Or have I been misunderstanding the offside rule for my entire life? Maybe I'm just having a massive brain fart.

Two players, one is normally the goal keeper...

• Moderators

Have I missed a rule change or something? How is that offside when there's a Liverpool player between the striker and the goal? Or have I been misunderstanding the offside rule for my entire life?

Same here 

And then to say the deflection was unintentional when the player was getting stuck in trying to avert the danger 

Nonsense

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You are indeed having a bit of a brain fart. The rule is 2 players. But it’s almost always the goalkeeper and 1 defender.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Spider said:

You don’t know the rules 

and trust me, I wish they could give it.

Just now, Mantra said:

Because he’s behind the keeper, he becomes the “keeper” and anyone in front of him is the last defender

Just now, donkeyshorn said:

Two players, one is normally the goal keeper...

Well I honestly fucking never knew that. 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Offside requires TWO people ... one is 95% of the time a keeper but that's not obligatory.  Looks like you've misunderstood the law for your entire life.

However, in this instance, if the ball touched a Liverpool player it shouldn't have been given as offside ... for quite different reasons.

8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It’s to do with only one defender behind him he has 2 he would of been on side . The goal was disallowed because it was a unintentionally ball by the Liverpool player . It’s as clear as mud 😂

Edited by Farnywhite

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Offside requires TWO people ... one is 95% of the time a keeper but that's not obligatory.  Looks like you've misunderstood the law for your entire life.

Yep. Incredible.

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You're not the only one pal. I had no idea about the behind the keeper rule 🤣

If an attacking player makes it past the last defender in a counter-attack, he can play a pass to his team-mate, as long as the team-mate is behind the ball. This will be onside even though he isn’t behind the second last defender.

Edited by Farnywhite

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Well I honestly fucking never knew that. 🤦‍♂️

Reminds me of this time I thought I'd gone into some alternate reality, a few season ago I was sat with a mate I've been going with for 20+ years. We had a shot that hit the bar and went over, and he said "we get a corner for that don't we?". I could barely speak!

1 minute ago, Farnywhite said:

If an attacking player makes it past the last defender in a counter-attack, he can play a pass to his team-mate, as long as the team-mate is behind the ball. This will be onside even though he isn’t behind the second last defender.

The offside law specifies that a ball is pulled back then it's not offside.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

How can you guys have played the game not knowing this ?

Mad innit. Must have only ever been paying attention to offsides when the keeper was the last man, and never wondered what would happen if an outfield player was the last man.