Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

2 minutes ago, Didledee said:

9 out of 10 games Liverpool win comfortably, it was Courtois having a special game that prevented Liverpool from winning, would you have admired Real's defence had Courtois not kept them from losing by 3 or so goals?

I am sure I'm in the minority thinking this but I have to disagree. Liverpool are a great team when they have space to attack. Real were never going to give them that and just played to their strengths by playing them on the counter.

I said this 8 hrs ago:

8 hours ago, Mantra said:

All the English pundits seem to be predicting Liverpool. I think Madrid are going to win this. Spurs did a great counter attack job on them and Real will probably do a similar tactic but with better players.

With the winners in Madrid's team and even just on tonight's game, I think it's wrong to say that Liverpool would've won that 9/10 times.

Yes Courtois made 2 good saves - the Salah one at the end and the Mane one in the first half. But he's a top class keeper and when you play counter attack you have to rely on your goalie. Their defenders also kept out every single corner and cross with aplomb. 

Also Liverpool were extremely lucky not to have that offside goal given against them. AND Casemiro had one of the easiest chances of the game where if he'd just shot or passed it across goal with any accuracy it would have been 2-0 to Madrid before Salah even had that chance at the end.

I can totally see why Liverpool probably feel aggrieved by the result but in my opinion Real totally outclassed them tonight

Didn’t see much of CL final as was on train back from London. Girl on our table was listening on the radio and even before the kick off delay they were mentioning chaos with ticketless fans. None of this lot happened with The Rangers and, by and large, they’re bloody animals (don’t @ me). From our point of view though, you’d be fucking fuming, wouldn’t you? As a fanbase who takes pride in thinking kick off is over rated, just how early would we have had to turn up?!

UEFA have come out and said “the problems occurred at the turnstiles when Liverpool fans turned up with fake tickets”

Sky Sports said “Liverpool fans were paying up to £5k a ticket”

Now I’m pretty sure if I paid £5k for a ticket, only to find out it was fake, I’d argue the toss to get in.   So you’ve got a huge amount of lads who are grumpy to turn away, yet 20,000 others to get in.   I’m not surprised the tear gas had to be used to be honest, they have to control the outside of the ground, with folk climbing over walls to get in not helping, as well as lads with bent tickets.   It was always going to be a mess.

7 hours ago, Spider said:

@L/H White

you ok hun?

Absolutely fine mate

16 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Liverpool fans turn up to a cup game without tickets, and try and force their way in shocker

That's on Uefa, they need to learn go give proper allocations out to fans and not 20k corporates 

6 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

UEFA have come out and said “the problems occurred at the turnstiles when Liverpool fans turned up with fake tickets”

Sky Sports said “Liverpool fans were paying up to £5k a ticket”

Now I’m pretty sure if I paid £5k for a ticket, only to find out it was fake, I’d argue the toss to get in.   So you’ve got a huge amount of lads who are grumpy to turn away, yet 20,000 others to get in.   I’m not surprised the tear gas had to be used to be honest, they have to control the outside of the ground, with folk climbing over walls to get in not helping, as well as lads with bent tickets.   It was always going to be a mess.

Nobody was paying £5k for fake tickets mate, thats another issue all together people selling tickets for massive amounts.

People bragging for days that they have fake tickets, and lads advertising they have 100’s to sell all over twitter.

Its a tactic they have always used in these big games, it creates the exact same issue every time. It didnt happen on the other side of the ground….

• Members
38 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Absolutely fine mate

That's on Uefa, they need to learn go give proper allocations out to fans and not 20k corporates 

I agree on the corporates thing. A fucking joke. WTF is Sadiq Khan doing there prawn baguetting it?

As far as fake tickets are concerned, is anyone surprised? Not me. There was always going to be something like this - jibbing in, fake tickets etc. The dishonesty express.

My old man was a staunch BWFC fan who believed that Nat Lofthouse could walk on water. He did, however, have a huge regard for Bill Shankly and later, Bob Paisley.  Working class gents blessed with humility and extraordinary wisdom. When they won their first European Cup in 1977, he wanted to go the the Tommy Smith testimonial game the following Wednesday (I think it was) just to be able to see the European Cup trophy for himself. Carnage at the Anfield Road end with hundreds jumping the turnstiles, battling with turnstile  operators and police. Forty five years on and we have proof that a leopard cannot change its spots.

At least it wasn't a total loss for them last night. Plenty of substance to feed their persecution complex.

Enjoy that 'dry bumming' Real Madrid were supposed to be getting?

Oh and diddles you are talking crap! Always fancied Real. They beat the Italian champs, PSG, Chelsea & City on the way yet Liverpool would beat them 9 times out of ten! Stick to designing kits an Championship Manager mate

We all knowi Liverpool are a  great side but in 3 finals now plus extra time they have failed to score! Beat them 9 out of 10 ha ha ha 

• Members
Just now, Max Cherry said:

Enjoy that 'dry bumming' Real Madrid were supposed to be getting?

Oh and diddles you are talking crap! Always fancied Real. They beat the Italian champs, PSG, Chelsea & City on the way yet Liverpool would beat them 9 times out of ten! Stick to designing kits an Championship Manager mate

We all knowi Liverpool are a  great side but in 3 finals now plus extra time they have failed to score! Beat them 9 out of 10 ha ha ha 

So much so that I took the 6/4 offered by bookies for Real Madrid lifting the trophy.

I don't get the 'boring' tag. That was a defensive masterclass by Madrid and I found it thoroughly entertaining. Courtois getting all the plaudits (and rightly so) but I thought Casemiro was an absolute giant. Great performances also Modric, Valverde etc.

12 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

So much so that I took the 6/4 offered by bookies for Real Madrid lifting the trophy.

I don't get the 'boring' tag. That was a defensive masterclass by Madrid and I found it thoroughly entertaining. Courtois getting all the plaudits (and rightly so) but I thought Casemiro was an absolute giant. Great performances also Modric, Valverde etc.

Curtois definitely the difference maker 

Could / should have had a few Liverpool 

That's football, the best team doesn't always win 

8 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Last night's game the best team won

They defended well

They offered nothing at all going forward 

I think they had one shot on target which they scored from

Oh well

Edited by L/H White

Madrid clearly the best team, it’s not even up for question. Quality players all over the squad while Liverpool rely on the 2/3 world class players Madrid had players on the bench who’d walk into the Liverpool starting 11. Not forgetting the route Liverpool had to the final was close to a free pass. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

9 minutes ago, L/H White said:

They defended well

They offered nothing at all going forward 

I think they had one shot on target which they scored from

Oh well

Had ball in net twice? Anyway they did what they did against City and Chelsea. If they had needed another goal they would have gone for it and on previous evidence got it.

Commentators and "experts" (Mcmanaman? Owen? Ferdinand????) Constantly  under estimated Real this season. Very experienced savvy and never know when they are beaten. No surprise for me especially after the semi final. 

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Madrid clearly the best team, it’s not even up for question. Quality players all over the squad while Liverpool rely on the 2/3 world class players Madrid had players on the bench who’d walk into the Liverpool starting 11. Not forgetting the route Liverpool had to the final was close to a free pass. 

Stick to the politics thread, don't make yourself look daft in here to :D

3 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Had ball in net twice? Anyway they did what they did against City and Chelsea. If they had needed another goal they would have gone for it and on previous evidence got it.

Commentators and "experts" (Mcmanaman? Owen? Ferdinand????) Constantly  under estimated Real this season. Very experienced savvy and never know when they are beaten. No surprise for me especially after the semi final. 

Can't disagree with the pundits, horrendous.

• Site Supporter

Just been reading about Madrid fans steaming the turnstiles with fake or non existent tickets.

Oh, wait, no I haven’t, because the scouse rats are the only ones who did it.

Fuck em. I hope the tear gas wears off just in time for them to parade the wooden spoons around on their bus.

Theyve alway been a set of cunts and last night was karma personified.

What a fantastic ending to the season this has been. ☺️☺️☺️☺️

23 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Stick to the politics thread, don't make yourself look daft in here to :D

Can't disagree with the pundits, horrendous.

I’ll wait for you to justify your  opinion… I’ll not use your usual tactic of dissing folk who you disagree with when you get round to justifying your opinion. x

Edited by Mounts Kipper