Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Just now, L/H White said:

Did Madrid sell their allocation? 

Are you now trying to hint that Liverpool have more supporters than Real Madrid? Really?

Or just maybe the Madrid fans don't count fake tickets and "jibbing/bunking" in as part of their traditions or history.

I'm sure the French authorities/police have cocked up the organisation here. However that's likely to be just one half of the equation. Scepticism knows no bounds when it comes to the behaviour of Liverpool fans. As sure as night follows day there'll be an investigation, there'll be tales of forged tickets and attempts to jump barriers - but the scousers will turn it all in to them being the victims. Then they'll turn viscous on anybody who dares challenge their version of events.

The only reason I wanted them to win last night was because I knew it would have hugely pissed off United fans. Anything that does that gets a big tick from me. I may dislike Liverpool but nothing like to the depths of the other "reds" from down the East Lancs.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Correct, too many folk making judgments off past events and watching some videos on Facebook & Twitter which don’t tell the full story

Thing is, how many videos are there of RM fans climbing fences and being sprayed?

It's the unfortunate, inevitable over zealous reaction that occurs when the authorities react to the actions of idiots. Innocents then get caught up in it.

Scenes at times like last year's euro final. 

No doubt they'll look at events, but what's the answer- even more police, security, checks away from the ground, travel restrictions etc?

Utterly mindless. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Arrested development said:

Real were solid, defended well, and took their chance. Fine margins. 

But fuck me they are boring. They've sacked managers in the past when they've won trophies but not played attacking football. 

Maybe their philosophy has changed. One shot on target, two if we include the disallowed goal. In a champions League final with a team that includes benzema , modric, vini jr. 

Says everything when your best two players on the night are Courtois and Casemiro.

Boring cunts. Would rather watch paint dry.

We are all different (thank fuck). I must be one of those odd fuckers referred to as a 'purist'. I really enjoyed Madrid's performance last night - the kind of team togetherness at an amateur level I would have been proud to be a part of.

I get strange looks from some in Perth when I say that some of the best games I have ever seen have been 0-0 nailbiters. Of course in their national game there has to be eleventy one goals before they can completely get their rocks off.

• Site Supporter

Didn't see the first quarter of the game, but for the rest, and especially the second half, there wasn't a great deal in it. Liverpool more threatening and created more chances, but part of winning is scoring.

At one point the passing numbers and accuracy were put on the screen and they were almost identical. 

50 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If they have police dogs inside the perimeter fence no fan gonna risk jumping over and no need to pepper spray folk. Looks poorly organised to me, doesn’t absolve fans from jumping over the fence though. 

Looks like they where queuing up to be a victim ..

• Members
20 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I'm sure the French authorities/police have cocked up the organisation here. However that's likely to be just one half of the equation. Scepticism knows no bounds when it comes to the behaviour of Liverpool fans. As sure as night follows day there'll be an investigation, there'll be tales of forged tickets and attempts to jump barriers - but the scousers will turn it all in to them being the victims. Then they'll turn viscous on anybody who dares challenge their version of events.

I was watching fan interviews outside the stadium on the news this morning and yes, I do realise that the media slags select and transmit for maximum impact/tear jerk effect.

An endless stream of "my son is disabled and we were treated like animals', "I suffer from asthma and they pepper sprayed me", "I have a problems with me legs (won't walk past pubs?) and had to stand for hours in the queue", etc.

Most interesting, hardly one scouse accent. Irish in abundance (does that explain the booing of the national anthem at Wembley?), South East etc.

Candlelight vigil near the Shankly gates for the victims no doubt.

Edited by bolty58

14 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

We are all different (thank fuck). I must be one of those odd fuckers referred to as a 'purist'. I really enjoyed Madrid's performance last night - the kind of team togetherness at an amateur level I would have been proud to be a part of.

I get strange looks from some in Perth when I say that some of the best games I have ever seen have been 0-0 nailbiters. Of course in their national game there has to be eleventy one goals before they can completely get their rocks off.

Without a doubt.

Watching a properly disciplined, well-drilled team suffocate their opposition is great.

It'd be boring if every club tried to play the same way.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

🤦‍♂️

He wasn't the only deluded one. Rose coloured spectacles all over the place. Carried away with the UK media hype.

I told L/H White a number of times over the last couple of weeks that I didn't believe his 'second team' would win the big one. Not because I am a football genius. Simply because European Cup pedigree has to be taken into account and they don't come any bigger than Real Madrid when it comes to this particular competition.

Confidence and belief are huge weapons in the game we love and Madrid have both of these in shed loads.

Just seen the Port Vale Mansfield highlights. Vale looked a really good footballing side, as they did when we played them in the Papa John's. 3 very well taken goals and a lovely tribute to the managers recently deceased daughter. 

51 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

I was watching fan interviews outside the stadium on the news this morning and yes, I do realise that the media slags select and transmit for maximum impact/tear jerk effect.

An endless stream of "my son is disabled and we were treated like animals', "I suffer from asthma and they pepper sprayed me", "I have a problems with me legs (won't walk past pubs?) and had to stand for hours in the queue", etc.

Most interesting, hardly one scouse accent. Irish in abundance (does that explain the booing of the national anthem at Wembley?), South East etc.

Candlelight vigil near the Shankly gates for the victims no doubt.

I'm sure Liverpool fans reading what we've written would be outraged. There'd be no self-reflection as to the past behaviour patterns and attitudes that lead people to form these views in the first place. Just the knee-jerk outrage and attempt to vilify and ultimately silence people. I do hope the media don't run scared of them and report in the fearless way they mostly do about other issues of the day. If they come through a formal investigation and such journalistic scrutiny as clean as a whistle - fair do's.

Edited by paulhanley

58 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

🤦‍♂️

Thanks for highlighting that. What a tit and just what I meant by these 'experts" on BT. That is what Pep meant when he said seemed like everyone else wants Liverpool to win. I honestly couldn't see any reason pre match for thinking Liverpool would win comfortably.  It ignored every bit of footballing evidence in this seasons CL. Just pure scouse bias 

5 hours ago, Pablo said:

Nobody was paying £5k for fake tickets mate, thats another issue all together people selling tickets for massive amounts.

People bragging for days that they have fake tickets, and lads advertising they have 100’s to sell all over twitter.

Its a tactic they have always used in these big games, it creates the exact same issue every time. It didnt happen on the other side of the ground….

Well if it didn’t happen on the other side of the ground the Spaniards must of gone about getting in the ground correctly.   so the only way I see it from all the filming from last night was fans were climbing walls to get in and the UEFA statement.  They cannot deny fans were climbing walls and fences.

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

I get that completely.  If I'm watching a game that I'm not invested in, for entertainment, and its 0-0 after an hour I get drawn in, as long as its a relatively even match.  Not City struggling to break down Brighton and its one way traffic, but true even games when we don't know who'll crack first.  Far better than the 2-0 at H-T games when the 2nd half can be a procession, even if its good football.  From the start I didn't feel as if Real joined in attacking wise.  It was very Morinho/Allardyce/Pulis like for me and I wasn't excited by watching them defend, I thought Liverpool made it easy for them.  The League Cup final Liverpool v Chelsea was an entertaining 0-0, last night was dull for me but I respect you saw it differently.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I get that completely.  If I'm watching a game that I'm not invested in, for entertainment, and its 0-0 after an hour I get drawn in, as long as its a relatively even match.  Not City struggling to break down Brighton and its one way traffic, but true even games when we don't know who'll crack first.  Far better than the 2-0 at H-T games when the 2nd half can be a procession, even if its good football.  From the start I didn't feel as if Real joined in attacking wise.  It was very Morinho/Allardyce/Pulis like for me and I wasn't excited by watching them defend, I thought Liverpool made it easy for them.  The League Cup final Liverpool v Chelsea was an entertaining 0-0, last night was dull for me but I respect you saw it differently.

They were nothing like a Pulis team.