Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

25 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It’s a hell of a lot more than a fraction. Policing protests comes from the public purse whereas stadium-specific policing is paid for by the clubs themselves. 

Cost of policing: is making clubs pay more the answer? - Football Supporters' Association (thefsa.org.uk)

Around 77% of the cost paid by the clubs. 23% left will seem like little. But add that up over every game taking place at the weekends plus the week nights - it's a lot of taxpayers money. Plus all of the police time and resources that are diverted away from solving crime onto football throughout the week. I'm only pointing out the hypocrisy of some folk that get massively triggered by a dreadlocked protestor, whilst ignoring their own behaviour at a football match.  

Bit of a tangent from the topic of today's games, so I'll leave it there 🤣 

Edited by London Wanderer

• Members
1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Not sure what you're getting at with your Boltyesque ramble and generalisations in the last bit. We all know that they've been cracking down on these kinds of protests - contrary to your point that nobody gives a shit. 

Whoa there Mr Eco Warrior.  I'm not having that. TMGJ never even mentioned water cannon and cattle prods which I would have ordered the use of before finishing them off with tear gas and pepper spray. In that precise order so they were wet when prodded.

• Members
3 hours ago, Arrested development said:

They wouldn't because they do play like that. 

Ok so if they's the style of play you prefer, or at least admire, presumably you would prefer to see a Gary megson style team defend for 90 minutes and nick a 1-0 win, rather than an Ian Evatt style attacking team create loads of chances and win say 3-1. 

I get why people appreciate it, but I can't fathom why you'd want to see your team set up to play deep and intentionally have less possession.........like Burnley. 

This is going nowhere so lets leave it there. If you seriously believe that Real Madrid played like Burnley last night, it is futile to continue the debate.

• Members
51 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Cost of policing: is making clubs pay more the answer? - Football Supporters' Association (thefsa.org.uk)

Around 77% of the cost paid by the clubs. 23% left will seem like little. But add that up over every game taking place at the weekends plus the week nights - it's a lot of taxpayers money. Plus all of the police time and resources that are diverted away from solving crime onto football throughout the week. I'm only pointing out the hypocrisy of some folk that get massively triggered by a dreadlocked protestor, whilst ignoring their own behaviour at a football match.  

Bit of a tangent from the topic of today's games, so I'll leave it there 🤣 

So now we know what to look for at away games. You'll be harder to spot at Forest Green. Guessing there'll be plenty hugging trees.

39 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Whoa there Mr Eco Warrior.  I'm not having that. TMGJ never even mentioned water cannon and cattle prods which I would have ordered the use of before finishing them off with tear gas and pepper spray. In that precise order so they were wet when prodded.

You're right - it didn't come close to Bolty's policing fetishes. Think I just got carried away 😁

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

Culmination of an absolutely crazy season in France for this sort of thing, almost a weekly occurrence.

I'm not having it anyone spends any time watching the French league. 

I can get Italy but France? 

gtfo GIF

2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I'm not having it anyone spends any time watching the French league. 

I can get Italy but France? 

gtfo GIF

Haha no me neither its not my cup of tea but Trans Euro Express has a report on some riot or other at a French game every week!

56 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Monza promoted to Serie A for the first time after beating Pisa in the playoffs.

Owned by... Silvio Berlusconi 😳

Top lad. Has he still got a full head of jet black hair at 85

2 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Media are too scared to say anything remotely negative about Liverpool fans. Not a single comment about the fact there were thousands more fans trying to get into the stadium than seats available 

All French locals apparently…. Utter bollocks as per usual where Liverpool fans are concerned.