Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Have you ever heard of a manager / club official or player EVER tel fans to go to games without tickets ??

why not?

they had a fan park big enough to hold 45k fans

he didn't tell them to go to the ground and jib in

'I really hope they all can make it somehow and create - of course they will - an incredible atmosphere. It's nice.

'So if you don't get a ticket - I don't want to invite people to Paris but this time it is big enough. I did last time for Basel (the 2016 Europa League final) and the whole of Switzerland was like this (face palms) but I think Paris is big enough to go there without a ticket and have a good time. Behave yourself but be in the best possible mood.

'If you cannot go there, enjoy it here in any kind of surrounding. What I love about this game is that the world will be red or white. Everybody will be either/or and it makes it a proper final.'

7 minutes ago, Zico said:

why not?

they had a fan park big enough to hold 45k fans

he didn't tell them to go to the ground and jib in

'I really hope they all can make it somehow and create - of course they will - an incredible atmosphere. It's nice.

'So if you don't get a ticket - I don't want to invite people to Paris but this time it is big enough. I did last time for Basel (the 2016 Europa League final) and the whole of Switzerland was like this (face palms) but I think Paris is big enough to go there without a ticket and have a good time. Behave yourself but be in the best possible mood.

'If you cannot go there, enjoy it here in any kind of surrounding. What I love about this game is that the world will be red or white. Everybody will be either/or and it makes it a proper final.'

So when have you ever heard this encouraged before ?

Its part of the problem.

Edited by Pablo

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Pablo said:

So when have you ever heard this encouraged before ?

Its part of the problem.

I hadn't even heard that Klopp did it till you mentioned it

but I doubt fans weren't thinking of going till he suggested it

like the Rangers fans in Sevilla (and Manchester), they didn't need telling, they were going regardless, but they did apparently need Souness to tell them to behave

again, I doubt any fans were paying any attention

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

I hadn't even heard that Klopp did it till you mentioned it

but I doubt fans weren't thinking of going till he suggested it

like the Rangers fans in Sevilla (and Manchester), they didn't need telling, they were going regardless, but they did apparently need Souness to tell them to behave

again, I doubt any fans were paying any attention

Well it was printed in a huge letters on the back of newspapers as a the headline.

Maybe they also needed telling what NOT to do then, because its the same issues in every single big game they play in.

Edited by Pablo

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Well it was printed in a huge letters on the back of newspapers as a the headline.

Maybe they also needed telling what NOT to do then, because its the same issues in every single big game they play in.

maybe they do, but it ain't klopps fault

as you say, big games bring out this sort of thing

Everton's official FB page has a video of fans climbing into Wembley in 86 for example

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=216938935998035

10 minutes ago, Zico said:

maybe they do, but it ain't klopps fault

as you say, big games bring out this sort of thing

Everton's official FB page has a video of fans climbing into Wembley in 86 for example

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=216938935998035

And they are dickheads, and had anyone got hurt in any crush, those bunking in fans would be to blame.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Pablo said:

And they are dickheads, and had anyone got hurt in any crush, those bunking in fans would be to blame.

I don't disagree with any of that

7 minutes ago, Traf said:

All finals involving Liverpool should be played at Anfield with Liverpool getting all the tickets.

They will still complain that UEFA didn't make the ground bigger and more accessible....

It is funny how Real Madrid fans were not targeted by fakes, muggings and locals trying to jump the turnstiles in their end. I fo genuinely feel sorry for innocent fans, but the self pity city attitude just annoys now

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This morning a fan who runs a Liverpool podcast thing was on the news and he acknowledged that some Liverpool fans were getting under gates etc. 

A breath of fresh air to hear one of them do so.

He'll be excommunicated and banished from "the 'Pool" forever. How dare he speak facts. He will also probably be expunged from all subsequent news and media outlets; doesn't fit the narrative see

13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Our lot started all the trouble in Madrid when we played Athletico. 

How so? I was right next to the Atletico fans and never saw Bolton fans start any trouble.

Some dick unfurled a Real Madrid flag so Atletico fans responded by throwing cig lighters & coins, our lot threw them back & thats when the Police steamed into Bolton with batons hitting anyone in sight.

7 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

How so? I was right next to the Atletico fans and never saw Bolton fans start any trouble.

Some dick unfurled a Real Madrid flag so Atletico fans responded by throwing cig lighters & coins, our lot threw them back & thats when the Police steamed into Bolton with batons hitting anyone in sight.

Maybe when they unfurled a Real Madrid flag and started throwing things :)