Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

23 minutes ago, Burnden Pies said:

No one is saying everything is Liverpool fans' fault - and this clearly seems to be the case here. However, what really annoys people is that time and time again LIverpool fans very rarely take ANY responsibility for anything. If once in a while the people representing them were to say 'we have more than our fair share of dickheads' or even 'we have SOME dickheads' than I think more people would be sympathetic. Instead we have this narrative shoved on us that 'Liverpool fans all good, everyone and everything else bad', and it's aided and abetted by a shit scared media. It's bollocks and we know it.

I also find it a bit odd that all this bad luck just seems to disproportionately follow Liverpool fc around.

But all you’ve mentioned is Liverpool in that response?

45 minutes ago, Spider said:

When we played them in the “friendly” final at Wembley in the 90’s, I genuinely had no interest either way in liverpool. My footballing distaste was reserved mainly for Tranmere, United and wolves.

now, having lived amongst them for 20+ years and listening to their constant nonsense, they are for me the most loathsome supporters in the UK.

what’s worse is that I’m a big fan of Klopp, I just wish he was elsewhere.

Do you mean gimps from Bolton or living amongst actual scousers as I imagine they are 2 different things.

• Members

Wonder if there are any sociology students on here. A microcosm of society?

Maybe my imagination but the same ones offering 'defence' (if that's the right word) for Liverpool fans are the same ones who 100% absolve them of any blame for the Hillsborough tragedy and never, ever mention Heysel.

Either L/H White is on a complete wind up or has at least had the cojones to admit to having a glory hunting streak currently focussed on Liverpool but it seems there may be more than a few 'closets' on here?

Edited by bolty58

The tried & tested Liverpool / Liverpool fans' apologists routine is off again.....ramp up the blame on the police, the ground authorities, uefa, local scumbags ( pictures of crying wimmin & kiddies can't be far off ) but refusing to face up to the part that some L/pool fans played by turning up in large numbers with no or fake tickets.

Until Liverpool & their fans start to accept some responsibility for their actions, no doubt we'll be here again before long. 

24 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Wonder if there are any sociology students on here. A microcosm of society?

Maybe my imagination but the same ones offering 'defence' (if that's the right word) for Liverpool fans are the same ones who 100% absolve them of any blame for the Hillsborough tragedy and never, ever mention Heysel.

Either L/H White is on a complete wind up or has at least had the cojones to admit to having a glory hunting streak currently focussed on Liverpool but it seems there may be more than a few 'closets' on here?

I don’t mind picking this up (if aimed at myself) if not apologies.

I don’t have any feelings to Liverpool whatsoever other than they are my enemy’s enemy and on flip side their plastics (annoyingly large at my age group) are complete gimps who I’d give little time of day too.

Ive no doubt Liverpool had some dicks in the crowd but this issue wasn’t caused by them. It was caused by ridiculously poor organisation and I’ve yet to decide if the police helped/hindered/neither 

Yes, the fans who do the jibbing/looting and have the JFT97 bios are incredibly moronic and should be hammered. Not sure if I’m arsed it’s by LFC or by their own fans from a personal point of view.

All northern clubs that were in Europe in the 80’s were at this and it’s not a Liverpool only exclusive. The rags were nearly as notorious with it and think they even had a crew called the jibbers or summat.

The above paragraph has no relevance to what happened on Sat and I think the more folk right em off and dismiss them only adds fuel to the Scouse not English twats only nobody likes (I’d include their mums in that) and encourages more of the knobhead behaviour most dislike.

24 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

The tried & tested Liverpool / Liverpool fans' apologists routine is off again.....ramp up the blame on the police, the ground authorities, uefa, local scumbags ( pictures of crying wimmin & kiddies can't be far off ) but refusing to face up to the part that some L/pool fans played by turning up in large numbers with no or fake tickets.

Until Liverpool & their fans start to accept some responsibility for their actions, no doubt we'll be here again before long. 

100% they're like a spoilt kid who when they do wrong the parent makes excuses for what they did, now we’ve got media shit scared for calling it out as it is for fear of all Merseyside boycotting them. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, tomski said:

I don’t mind picking this up (if aimed at myself) if not apologies.

I don’t have any feelings to Liverpool whatsoever other than they are my enemy’s enemy and on flip side their plastics (annoyingly large at my age group) are complete gimps who I’d give little time of day too.

Ive no doubt Liverpool had some dicks in the crowd but this issue wasn’t caused by them. It was caused by ridiculously poor organisation and I’ve yet to decide if the police helped/hindered/neither 

Yes, the fans who do the jibbing/looting and have the JFT97 bios are incredibly moronic and should be hammered. Not sure if I’m arsed it’s by LFC or by their own fans from a personal point of view.

All northern clubs that were in Europe in the 80’s were at this and it’s not a Liverpool only exclusive. The rags were nearly as notorious with it and think they even had a crew called the jibbers or summat.

The above paragraph has no relevance to what happened on Sat and I think the more folk right em off and dismiss them only adds fuel to the Scouse not English twats only nobody likes (I’d include their mums in that) and encourages more of the knobhead behaviour most dislike.

Scum Airways is a cracking read about the jibbing culture at United.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Scum Airways is a cracking read about the jibbing culture at United.

I'd forgotten about that book, a decent read iirc. Both the Perry Boys books are the same too, page after page of manc grafting and jibbing.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Zico said:

Ah, that’s fantastic, just sort out Le Compo (courtesy @Traf ) and we’re all happy. 😃 

46 minutes ago, Zico said:

“I can’t hide the fact many locals were worried—stereotypes about English fans are hard to break.“

This sums it up for me.

Much of the rhetoric coming out of France mentions English fans but refer to Madrid not Spanish fans when comparing the two factions.

17 hours ago, tomski said:

Well you’ve made your mind up. A lot of their fans are dicks and I get you to a degree but the majority have likely been screwed over. 

Neil Hart territory brandishing the majority with the minority brush.

Im yet too meet anyone who would be happy queuing 2-4 hours for a match yet either.

Also not met anyone has paid top whack to get in somewhere only to be refused entry by lacklustre organisation to be happy and toodle off home.

You say majority but reports of 100k there, 20k with tickets. 
How many of the 80k would have gone up the ground to try and get in ? I would, even it was trying to buy a ticket off a tout. Of course lots of other factors and officials have fucked up to some extent, but I think what annoys people is the way it is 100% someone else's fault where the reality is with 100k supporters there it is pretty inevitable some of them will be causing trouble, producing fake tickets and jibbing in, to deny that is as blatantly wrong as blaming it 100% on the fans