Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Had a brief moment of weakness and found myself wanting the wasteland raveged 3rd world hell hole to win because of their sad depressed people, in a vein hope to cheer them up.

Ā 

Ā 

But fuck that, Come on Ukraine šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦Ā 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

ā€œI canā€™t hide the fact many locals were worriedā€”stereotypes about English fans are hard to break.ā€œ

This sums it up for me.

Much of the rhetoric coming out of France mentions English fans but refer to Madrid not Spanish fans when comparing the two factions.

Aye, we certainly have the reputation and that's not exclusive to scousersĀ 

2 hours ago, Ani said:

You say majority but reports of 100k there, 20k with tickets.Ā 
How many of the 80k would have gone up the ground to try and get in ? I would, even it was trying to buy a ticket off a tout. Of course lots of other factors and officials have fucked up to some extent, but I think what annoys people is the way it is 100% someone else's fault where the reality is with 100k supporters there it is pretty inevitable some of them will be causing trouble, producing fake tickets and jibbing in, to deny that is as blatantly wrong as blaming it 100% on the fans Ā 

I think a round about way you are agreeing with me thatā€™s lots of factors have caused this.

In regards to the 20k v 100k numbers as Iā€™ll reserve judgement. New developments every day.

The blame or responsibility thing, probably similar to me not carrying any guilt or responsibility Ā re the bottle throwers at wanderers etc.

Liverpoool are a weird club almost cultish in the fact if Kenny Dalglish told em to jump off a cliff I think a lot would but itā€™s all irrelevant to what went on Saturday where I think itā€™s the fault of the authorities. Even the French media are hammering the French Pinocchio now.Ā 

19 minutes ago, tomski said:

I think a round about way you are agreeing with me thatā€™s lots of factors have caused this.

In regards to the 20k v 100k numbers as Iā€™ll reserve judgement. New developments every day.

The blame or responsibility thing, probably similar to me not carrying any guilt or responsibility Ā re the bottle throwers at wanderers etc.

Liverpoool are a weird club almost cultish in the fact if Kenny Dalglish told em to jump off a cliff I think a lot would but itā€™s all irrelevant to what went on Saturday where I think itā€™s the fault of the authorities. Even the French media are hammering the French Pinocchio now.Ā 

I am saying a number of factors including some fans. As can often happen the ones that suffer are the ones that have done nothing wrong.Ā 

4 hours ago, L/H White said:

I don't mid the jocks, and they have the best national anthem by far

Ā 

Know you have a downer on the French atm but les marseillais knocks spots off all comers. Refer to Escape to Victory for conclusive evidenceĀ