Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

41 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Magnificent for the very limited customer base (ie me) who already subscribe due to an interest in Scottish football and Championship rugby league though 😁 

I only know 1 person who subscribes to Premier and he's a die hard Swinton fan.

5 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It's still hard to believe this ever happened:

Everything about that whole period was completely fucked up and mentally damaging. His appearances on SSN with the Bolton shirt, the ridiculous circus next to Nat's statue, that insanity above in Moss Bank Park (wtf, btw?) that photo in the curry house with Nicky Hunt and cronies etc etc

Bar Bury, other clubs have an absolute cheek to say they've had it rough recently compared to us. I don't actually think enough is made of what we've been through in recent years by the wider football community. Make Derby play with a load of fucking kids to the point where they need to petition for postponements, we'll see how much sympathy they want then.

Think its like when you've been on tour to Helmand, been bummed by your uncle harry as kid or been in a 20 car pile up and lost a limb.

The mind protects itself and blocks all memory of it bar the odd flash back.

Maybe in 20 years time will we all open up to family about exaclty what went on and how bad it was.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

2 years ago and a scrawpy 1-0 at home, 7 times out of 10 they’d batter us. 

It was 1 year ago, to the day.

Edited by Cheese

They were shit against us last year. I think there is this myth that every other international team apart from us plays wonderful free scoring attacking football.   The world champions have hardly been in fire recently yet they seem to be the benchmark. 

5 minutes ago, superkev said:

They were shit against us last year. I think there is this myth that every other international team apart from us plays wonderful free scoring attacking football.   The world champions have hardly been in fire recently yet they seem to be the benchmark. 

Nail on the head. Italy won euros playing like fuckin Stoke under Pulis yet they are tactial masters. Cunts didnt come out of their half other night yet apparently Southgate is too defensive.

There are no world beaters at international level, all the big boys have struggles and all will have fans who think they have a devine right to be twatting everyone 5-0.

16 minutes ago, superkev said:

I can see with my own eyes who’s the best team and it ain’t us. 

• Members

Doh! Well at least it means I will get good coverage of the WC and there will be the schadenfreude of seeing them fail miserably :D

They will be overpoweringly optimistic at the start (they still argue that they were cheated out of winning the World Cup in 2006) and then the hype will reduce to a point that if their last game is a dead rubber, no one will even want to mention football.

It is then that I will engage hyperdrive and stuff it right up 'em! :rofl:

16 hours ago, gonzo said:

Think its like when you've been on tour to Helmand, been bummed by your uncle harry as kid or been in a 20 car pile up and lost a limb.

The mind protects itself and blocks all memory of it bar the odd flash back.

Maybe in 20 years time will we all open up to family about exaclty what went on and how bad it was.

You actually forget how much chaos he caused sometimes. Seem to remember him getting involved in all sorts of DM and voicemail conversations with fans as well.

3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Doh! Well at least it means I will get good coverage of the WC and there will be the schadenfreude of seeing them fail miserably :D

They will be overpoweringly optimistic at the start (they still argue that they were cheated out of winning the World Cup in 2006) and then the hype will reduce to a point that if their last game is a dead rubber, no one will even want to mention football.

It is then that I will engage hyperdrive and stuff it right up 'em! :rofl:

Good news, SBS are broadcasting every match free.

Actually watched them last year, against Saudi Arabia (0-0 at home) they're that shite they have to be "team 32" at the tournament.

25 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

Good news, SBS are broadcasting every match free.

Actually watched them last year, against Saudi Arabia (0-0 at home) they're that shite they have to be "team 32" at the tournament.

31, it's Costa Rica v New Zealand tonight in the last play off! #Massive

Is it definitely going to 48 teams for the next one? My word there will be some dross there.

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

31, it's Costa Rica v New Zealand tonight in the last play off! #Massive

Is it definitely going to 48 teams for the next one? My word there will be some dross there.

My bad wording, I meant the worst team there. Though if NZ make it, they're even worse!  

28 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

My bad wording, I meant the worst team there. Though if NZ make it, they're even worse!  

Looking at the groups I think it could be between those two for the wooden spoon. Got a feeling Qatar won't be totally useless