Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
5 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Good news, SBS are broadcasting every match free.

Actually watched them last year, against Saudi Arabia (0-0 at home) they're that shite they have to be "team 32" at the tournament.

In 2006, they had a lot of players who were doing well in the Premier League and around Europe (Viduka, Kewell, Cahill. Emerton, Lucas Neill etc.).

This time it's cart horses from the A League. They have no fucking hope and I am only sad that we didn't draw them as I would love to have absolutely trounced them in a meaningful game as I still have cunts reminding me of the 'greatest win in world football history' when they they beat Sven, Sven ,Sven's England at Upton Park 3-1 when the daft Scandinavian twat changed the entire team at half time.

The Perth Glory Shed still sing about that result. Yes, it fucking well irks me.

• Members
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

What a signing for Spurs.

Think they are my prem team this year :)

Conte is a genius. Spurs will be a major threat next time around. If we are having a 'second team' then it would be them. The Muamba incident, similar colours to BWFC plus I am a great admirer of Conte for his tactical genius and pure passion.

I would be happy to see them win the whole thing. My disdain for Arsenal would make it even better.

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

In 2006, they had a lot of players who were doing well in the Premier League and around Europe (Viduka, Kewell, Cahill. Emerton, Lucas Neill etc.).

This time it's cart horses from the A League. They have no fucking hope and I am only sad that we didn't draw them as I would love to have absolutely trounced them in a meaningful game as I still have cunts reminding me of the 'greatest win in world football history' when they they beat Sven, Sven ,Sven's England at Upton Park 3-1 when the daft Scandinavian twat changed the entire team at half time.

The Perth Glory Shed still sing about that result. Yes, it fucking well irks me.

Werent they involved in that red card scandal with Croatia? Loved that WC, next Euros is in Germany too it's going to be great.

Have to say I'm no fan of Australia, but that screamer Cahill scored for them in Brazil 2014 was one of my favourite moments of that whole tournament!

• Members
13 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Werent they involved in that red card scandal with Croatia? Loved that WC, next Euros is in Germany too it's going to be great.

Have to say I'm no fan of Australia, but that screamer Cahill scored for them in Brazil 2014 was one of my favourite moments of that whole tournament!

Yes but the one they really pap on about endlessly is the game vs Italy and the dodgy penalty. Just for balance, they regularly smile when the Hand Of God incident comes up. File them under nobheads with the rest of the England dislikers.

Edited by bolty58

1 hour ago, deane koontz said:

@gonzo Saunders has put a full tank in his fib machine this morning.

Ah mate he was on one today wasnt he :D

That story about Brian Clough and Stuart Pearce didn't make any sense. The bit about coming back from England duty had nothing to do with the Electrical thing :D

On 16/06/2022 at 11:20, gonzo said:

Ah mate he was on one today wasnt he :D

That story about Brian Clough and Stuart Pearce didn't make any sense. The bit about coming back from England duty had nothing to do with the Electrical thing :D

He's remarkable 

If he's not making up absolute tripe (normally involving one or more dead people) he's remixing other folks after dinner stories  🙃

50 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

He's remarkable 

If he's not making up absolute tripe (normally involving one or more dead people) he's remixing other folks after dinner stories  🙃

Hes at it again today :D

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I'm assuming Joe Riley & Josh Vela were up & comings with us at the same time.

Aye they are best mates. JR is married to my cousin and lives in Poulton so perfect for him

Charlie Adam is married to her sister. Wouldn't be surprised to see him land there too...

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Aye they are best mates. JR is married to my cousin and lives in Poulton so perfect for him

Charlie Adam is married to her sister. Wouldn't be surprised to see him land there too...

Ta. Tight group then & yes, Charlie Adams seems to have a real affinity to Blackpool, & why shouldn't he.

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Do us a favour folks and like my lads vid (s) :)

Done. 

They're mad lads these days aren't they. Editing videos and creating their own content for the world at at 7 years old. 

I could just about switch on a SNES at the same age. 

16 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Done. 

They're mad lads these days aren't they. Editing videos and creating their own content for the world at at 7 years old. 

I could just about switch on a SNES at the same age. 

Crazy mate.

Mind you bet they cant build a den or set fires like we used to :D

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Crazy mate.

Mind you bet they cant build a den or set fires like we used to :D

Of course not. 

Went down the local astro turf today with my 9 year old lad for a kick about. Picked his mate up who lives about 60 seconds walk away from the park in the car. I was in nets... 

Had me thinking at his age I was on bike rides miles away and setting fires in the woods and probably robbing car badges (maybe that was later) 

We don't let the cunt leave the house on his own now and he's 9... Its properly mental.