Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

5 hours ago, gonzo said:

Aye they are best mates. JR is married to my cousin and lives in Poulton so perfect for him

Charlie Adam is married to her sister. Wouldn't be surprised to see him land there too...

Retired now hasn’t he? His reaction to getting caught diving last season was magic. Proper last day at work so don’t give a fuck kind of vibes. 

5 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

In a bar in Llandudno. Lad in a Wrexham shirt. “What do you think of Parkinson?” says I, harking back to that thread about wearing football shirts on holiday.

”Who?” 🙈🙈🙈

Wearing a Wrexham shirt has become de-rigueur in North Wales, almost a quasi political statement. They mostly see it as their 'second club'.

Almost more to do with the Hollywood stars than the football. The interest they've sparked, whilst possibly transitory, is huge.

Re. Parkinson, my heignour says the football is long-ball and long throws, midfield cut out of it, but end to end and generally they're winning so he's happy. Exciting too, as they must have scored as many last 10m goals as us.

So, he knows it's not pretty but so far, so what ? It's now 15 seasons since they left Div.4 so I guess you can't blame them.

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Wearing a Wrexham shirt has become de-rigueur in North Wales, almost a quasi political statement. They mostly see it as their 'second club'.

Almost more to do with the Hollywood stars than the football. The interest they've sparked, whilst possibly transitory, is huge.

Re. Parkinson, my heignour says the football is long-ball and long throws, midfield cut out of it, but end to end and generally they're winning so he's happy. Exciting too, as they must have scored as many last 10m goals as us.

So, he knows it's not pretty but so far, so what ? It's now 15 seasons since they left Div.4 so I guess you can't blame them.

To be fair to the lad, he literally said he’d only jumped on the bandwagon this season. At least he was honest! 

25 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Gigs resigned from Wales job, forgot he was still "in charge" of them.

Couldn't really go back in after Page's efforts. It'd be like shagging your brother's wife.

Wait, hang on, what's that you say? He didn't? Surely?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, deane koontz said:

I've completely missed Kompany becoming Burnley's manager 

You were looking in the wrong bit then. Lots of speculation his Man City status would lead to him getting Trafford as his keeper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Joking aside, Blackpool and Wiggin fans are a pain in the arse, causing aggro and generally going back to 70/80’s style trouble wherever they go.

Why not just enjoy an away day and have the craic with others?

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Joking aside, Blackpool and Wiggin fans are a pain in the arse, causing aggro and generally going back to 70/80’s style trouble wherever they go.

Why not just enjoy an away day and have the craic with others?

They are cowards, only do it at tinpot places or by picking splinters off.

Won't go toe to toe with a mob

4 hours ago, tomski said:

Seems a bit much for friendly. 

Literally my thoughts when evatt nearly popped a vein shouting at the ref today. 

It's chorley away pal. Their keeper will be rewiring your house on Monday you mad cunt. 

Simmmer down