Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

8 hours ago, Pablo said:

Guna be loads of money chucked arund next day....be over 10 clubs on over £100 mill net spend by end opf window!!!

Madness, hope it all goes pop.

I heard the PL has spent more money than the Spanish, Italian, German and French leagues combined this transfer window. 

• Site Supporter

I watched it last night and at first thought the keeper was fouling the villa player. Hands round his neck.

However on replays you can see the villa lad has his arms backwards clearly grabbing the keeper.

Not easy to see and must be difficult for officials.

It is spoiling the game to a small degree all this battling from set pieces. Perhaps a rule change so that the keeper gets a yard or two of space prior to the set piece being taken. Bit like the ten yard rule for the taker.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Zico said:

Well we're meant to have a solution for that

Obviously our ground is set up for a myriad of camera angles so the only extra might be special goals and a set of watches for the officials. Championship clubs are  probably in a similar position as we are. Not so easy for the many smaller clubs in ours and the league below. 

I wonder if affordability is the sticking point or do PGMOL just enjoy sending shit refs out to the lower leagues with no help at all. 

They don’t need to have a referee squirrelled away remotely to make decisions, they could have the fourth official (or even a fifth) making the call from a separate room within the stadium.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Live and die by your recruitment 

100%

I often think about what it would be like supporting Leicester. In very recent memory they've had promotions, won the PL, played in Champions League and won the FA cup.

What else is there left to witness and experience following your club at all? I'd retire!

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

100%

I often think about what it would be like supporting Leicester. In very recent memory they've had promotions, won the PL, played in Champions League and won the FA cup.

What else is there left to witness and experience following your club at all? I'd retire!

By and large, they are a top championship, lower prem team but by christ they've had a great decade.

If only we hadn't played Butterfield

12 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

By and large, they are a top championship, lower prem team but by christ they've had a great decade.

If only we hadn't played Butterfield

There'll be a generation of fans there thinking "I can't be arsed anymore". Give it up lads and go ground hopping round Europe or take up watching cricket 😃

My word that 5-3 was complete chaos. Nearly a decade ago now!

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

There'll be a generation of fans there thinking "I can't be arsed anymore". Give it up lads and go ground hopping round Europe or take up watching cricket 😃

Apart from the last 20 mins, we were the better team too. That's actually one of the best games I've seen live when taking the emotion out of it

9 hours ago, Marc505 said:

"Hope we go down, clear the deadwood, go the season unbeaten and get some cracking away days"