Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

It isn't. 

There's a rule that if a player removes his shirt during the course of the game he is liable to be booked. You can like or not like this, but that's the rule.

He removed his shirt, during the course of the game.

He got booked.

That the 'goal" was then disallowed is irrelevant. His shirt didn't miraculously not get removed. His booking stands.

The fckg idiot had already been booked. Second yellow card = dismissal.

He deserves sending off just for being a fckg moron.

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

It isn't. 

There's a rule that if a player removes his shirt during the course of the game he is liable to be booked. You can like or not like this, but that's the rule.

He got booked.

That the 'goal" was then disallowed is irrelevant. His shirt didn't miraculously not get removed. His booking stands.

Not disagreeing with the yellow card/sending off. The circumstances taken as a whole are ridiculous though. Thank fuck we don't have VAR in our League. Doubt a single person in the stadium thought that should've been disallowed for offside before they saw the replay - proven by the fact it took them so long to review it. The players were ready to kick off again before the ref went to look at the video. Piss poor.

And after all that, he wasn't offside anyway, they just didn't bother to look at every angle...

FcbltE_WYAERS-k?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Cheese

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Not disagreeing with the yellow card/sending off. The circumstances taken as a whole are ridiculous though. Thank fuck we don't have VAR in our League. Doubt a single person in the stadium thought that should've been disallowed for offside before they saw the replay - proven by the fact it took them so long to review it. The players had kicked off again before the ref went to look at the video. Piss poor.

And after all that, he wasn't offside anyway, they just didn't bother to look at every angle...

Agrees wholeheartedly. VAR is a fiasco. Errors are part of the game. Fine on black & white matters but not for at-speed natural progression of play.

But don't take your shirt off, especially when already on a yellow card seems simple enough to me.

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Not disagreeing with the yellow card/sending off. The circumstances taken as a whole are ridiculous though. Thank fuck we don't have VAR in our League. Doubt a single person in the stadium thought that should've been disallowed for offside before they saw the replay - proven by the fact it took them so long to review it. The players were ready to kick off again before the ref went to look at the video. Piss poor.

I actually think I’d stop going. It’s the worst thing they’ve ever brought in that I can remember. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

It isn't. 

He got booked.

aye, it's the easiest yellow card for a ref to give, and they will give it every time

don't take your shirt off

likewise, don't get up in the face and call him a cunt because he got a decision wrong, because you'll get a card

and if the decision is reversed, the fact is you still called him a cunt, so the card stands

1 hour ago, Zico said:

aye, it's the easiest yellow card for a ref to give, and they will give it every time

don't take your shirt off

likewise, don't get up in the face and call him a cunt because he got a decision wrong, because you'll get a card

and if the decision is reversed, the fact is you still called him a cunt, so the card stands

Goals are reversed now and reds could easily be done. I’m not fighting for shirts off by any means but why is it a booking anyway? If it’s sponsors then that’s daft. No one runs round thinking I wonder who Juventus are sponsored by or I’m not gonna buy a jeep now I can’t see The Juventus shirt sponsor.

It’s moaned the current crop are greedy and they show a bit of passion,  they get booked. 

Not really responding to your post @Zico more just how ridiculous the rules are. 

They should do a poll and ask fans on tv whether it should be rescinded sponsored by Jeep to keep everyone happy.   

28 minutes ago, tomski said:

Goals are reversed now and reds could easily be done. I’m not fighting for shirts off by any means but why is it a booking anyway? If it’s sponsors then that’s daft. No one runs round thinking I wonder who Juventus are sponsored by or I’m not gonna buy a jeep now I can’t see The Juventus shirt sponsor.

It’s moaned the current crop are greedy and they show a bit of passion,  they get booked. 

Not really responding to your post @Zico more just how ridiculous the rules are. 

They should do a poll and ask fans on tv whether it should be rescinded sponsored by Jeep to keep everyone happy.   

If the header doesn't go in or if the flag goes up, he wouldn't have taken the shirt off.
Officials incorrectly chalked off a goal, the red should be rescinded.

Otherwise, you're right, there's going to be no passion. What next, after a goal nobody celebrates, they just wlk over to a screen to watch 14 replays?

Everytime we discuss these events, there's one common constant. VAR.
It's shite. Either use it properly or get rid.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Can understand Chelsea getting called off Sunday but now United is off against Leeds as police are assisting the MET

but brentford v Arsenal is still on 

Police/Travel can manage the masses of people entering London, but would struggle with a mass exodus away from London via train and up the M6 

31 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Scraping the barrel here watching French football. Some great limbs on show.

Looks mental over there at the minute.

Empoli v Roma on shortly, hoping James Horncaster is still sat in that totally weird looking uncomfortable position.

Don't give a fuck them lot. Looked mad at Nantes in the week, massive rush to the front behind goal after they scored and everything.

That Empoli game will be other end of the spectrum it looks like a shit Don Valley stadium there.

1 hour ago, tomski said:

I think they started booking players for taking their shirts off because some dickhead footballers were taking them off to reveal wanky messages written on a shirt underneath.