Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Middlesbrough 0 Rotherham 0. Live on Sky at gone half 9 on a Saturday night. Bet you can’t even get a National Express home. 

Joke of a KO time on a Saturday.  As for the result, if you'd offered me 100/1 for Rotherham to be above Watford, WBA and Boro  after 10 games I wouldn't have had a fiver on it, especially after their top scorer went to Sheff Wed and Ladapo went to Ipswich.  Hats off to them, and it definitely gives hope to us that if/when we go up, its possible to compete.  Not to mention that Wigan have won the most away games in that league (I'd love us to have that ability to win a game when you're 2nd best, hopefully it won't last). 

Boro - Chris Wilder having his first struggle as a manager, will be interesting to see how much patience Steve Gibson has.

17 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Joke of a KO time on a Saturday.  As for the result, if you'd offered me 100/1 for Rotherham to be above Watford, WBA and Boro  after 10 games I wouldn't have had a fiver on it, especially after their top scorer went to Sheff Wed and Ladapo went to Ipswich.  Hats off to them, and it definitely gives hope to us that if/when we go up, its possible to compete.  Not to mention that Wigan have won the most away games in that league (I'd love us to have that ability to win a game when you're 2nd best, hopefully it won't last). 

Boro - Chris Wilder having his first struggle as a manager, will be interesting to see how much patience Steve Gibson has.

They had a West Brom dude on the wireles this morning. Looks like its panic stations about their owner. Taken £12m worth of loans from the club etc.

Watched them against Burnley and they were decent, but looks shit for them at the minute.

12 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

After 7 games PNE had achieved a record 7 clean sheets from the start of the season, a fantastic achievement.  3 home games later and 1 point, they have scored 3 goals in 10 games.  Chants of "you don't know what you're doing" when substitutions were made.  Talk about small margins.

They were running Sheff United ragged in first half according to the wireless.  

I was working near Bloomfield Road yesterday and 6 coaches of Sheff turned up at about 12. All pilled off singing Blackpools a shithole and all that caper then marched towards the prom.

Why the fuck would you bypass Preston by half an hour to spend 2 hours in some empty tourist pubs on Blackpool prom then have to get back on the coach and travel back to the ground?

Theres loads to go at in Preston Centre.

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I was working near Bloomfield Road yesterday and 6 coaches of Sheff turned up at about 12. All pilled off singing Blackpools a shithole and all that caper then marched towards the prom.

Why the fuck would you bypass Preston by half an hour to spend 2 hours in some empty tourist pubs on Blackpool prom then have to get back on the coach and travel back to the ground?

I was trying to work out why they were in Blackpool as I was reading that. Weirdos.

12 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

After 7 games PNE had achieved a record 7 clean sheets from the start of the season, a fantastic achievement.  3 home games later and 1 point, they have scored 3 goals in 10 games.  Chants of "you don't know what you're doing" when substitutions were made.  Talk about small margins.

Lowe never had a plan B and plenty of games opposition made changes he didn't respond to.

Honestly think we've been left with brains from the pair

Edited by green genie

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Bank holiday day out by the sea

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Lack of strength in depth will let them down 

top 4 will will be pushing it imo

Maybe, but we're in mid September now, and they're looking very strong. Can strengthen in the window if required too.

Was thinking yesterday, we (Bolton) are already ⅕ of the way throught he season.

Won't be long before we're seeing the likely protagonists emerge st both ends.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe, but we're in mid September now, and they're looking very strong. Can strengthen in the window if required too.

Was thinking yesterday, we (Bolton) are already ⅕ of the way throught he season.

Won't be long before we're seeing the likely protagonists emerge st both ends.

Went big in the last window but suppose if they’re knocking around then further investment may come

All depends if they can take points off top sides, struggled at Man Utd next week against spurs will be a good indicator