Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Makes our loss to them seem even less bad now but also more significant. Can’t let them have 6 points off us again this season.

5 points off top with a game in hand. After 9 games, not too bad that.

Edited by Mantra

59 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Makes our loss to them seem even less bad now but also more significant. Can’t let them have 6 points off us again this season.

5 points off top with a game in hand. After 9 games, not too bad that.

Just get the strikers firing on all cylinders & we'll be good.

On 25/09/2022 at 17:18, green genie said:

Championship quality game today.

Rearranged game against Wednesday next week and then run of games against bottom half. See if we break down some bus parking 

I watched the game today not knowing the score (back from holiday) and you played well.  Not sure it was championship quality overall, thought Ipswich looked very average and I'd expect us to beat them at home if they played like that.  I know he scored but Ladapo looks a bit laboured.  2 superb strikes for your goals, they look like 2 quality players.  Ipswich fans as quiet as they always are here, a strange bunch with a lack of passion.

Scotland have qualified for Euro 2024 play offs, by winning a few games in the 2nd division of the Nations League.  They had a win v Ireland, 2 wins v Armenia and a win and draw against Ukraine.  If they are dishing out Euro qualifying for winning Nations League games, surely that should be only if you're in the top division.  I may have misunderstood this but to me it looks like you'd be better getting yourself relegated to play worse opposition and improve your chances of getting in play offs. Wales will have a great chance next time after relegation but Scotland probably no chance after promotion??

*Spoiler Alert* ( for people odd enough to want to Watch N. Ireland games on playback).

So NI lose to Greece, 3-1. The staters included Conor Bradley. The bench included Dion Charles.

Bradley was substituted on 68' ... to be replaced by Charles. I don't really care but it seems an odd swap, unless part of a formation change. Just hoping it's not to do an injury.

4 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

*Spoiler Alert* ( for people odd enough to want to Watch N. Ireland games on playback).

So NI lose to Greece, 3-1. The staters included Conor Bradley. The bench included Dion Charles.

Bradley was substituted on 68' ... to be replaced by Charles. I don't really care but it seems an odd swap, unless part of a formation change. Just hoping it's not to do an injury.

Bradley was replaced by Shea Charles (Man City). Dion never got on.

On 28/09/2022 at 09:47, Dr. Feelgood said:

Meanwhile, this for Slovenia.

... & good man. No ott celebrations, no histrionics, no sliding 30 yards on his knees.

Also, no VAR to ruin the moment.

More fool him, I'd be going overboard if I scored that