Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

26 minutes ago, gonzo said:

On Juve match. Fuck me theres nobody on.

Such and ugly corporate giant now that club. I know it's always been that way with them really but there was at least something exciting about Ravanelli, Baggio, Del Piero, Vialli, Zidane etc etc 

Ace new stadium but that grim new corporate logo, playing in in all sorts of weird non traditional kits, ticket prices are sky high, the football is functional at best. The way Serie A has become open and attacking recently, they're the ones being left behind and looking like dinosaurs

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

On Juve match. Fuck me theres nobody on.

Attendance 34,662.  Their best attendances are about 40k, so not that bad?  I've very little knowledge of Italian football but they've never got huge crowds have they?  35-40k for routine league games seems decent enough for a team not pulling up any trees.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Attendance 34,662.  Their best attendances are about 40k, so not that bad?  I've very little knowledge of Italian football but they've never got huge crowds have they?  35-40k for routine league games seems decent enough for a team not pulling up any trees.

Back in the 00s they were regularly getting less than 10k for CL games 

They had a cup match v Sampdoria where around 250 turned up 

Yet they are the best supported team in terms of fan numbers across Italy 

They need to invent a mythical waiting list for season tickets then every glory hunting cunt down the pub can say 'I'm on the waiting list for a ticket' without every having any intention of going to the game. 

Worked well for pinkys. 

Until shit started hitting the fan. 

4 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Think it was on The Price of Football podcast I heard Juve limit season tickets to 20k. Tourists pay more being the reason. 

Liverpool limit theirs too for similar reasons I think but sure it's 35k ish. 

Big discontent at Juventus. The fans want Allegri out and he probably isn’t going anywhere due to the pay out due. 

Looked less than 34k on to me. All the things the fans have been moaning about they don’t do they actually did last night. 

League is wide open and top 3 by close of play today could be Napoli, Udinese and Atalanta.

Jose doing a job on Inter from his Winnebago was the big result of the weekend. 

53 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Napoli look miles the strongest for me. Team of units. 

Watched Milan a couple of times, they just dont seem to get going. 

Napoli are notorious for choking. They’ve done incredibly well considering the squad revamp but history shows post Diego that the san paolo swallows them up when the pressure is on.

Milan have started slowly but I think will be in the mix. Inter are stinking it out. All eyes on Roma and the dark horse of Lazio for me.

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Napoli are notorious for choking. They’ve done incredibly well considering the squad revamp but history shows post Diego that the san paolo swallows them up when the pressure is on.

Milan have started slowly but I think will be in the mix. Inter are stinking it out. All eyes on Roma and the dark horse of Lazio for me.

Roma are winning Europa League.

Fact.

11 hours ago, Zico said:

Back in the 00s they were regularly getting less than 10k for CL games 

They had a cup match v Sampdoria where around 250 turned up 

Yet they are the best supported team in terms of fan numbers across Italy 

They hated the Delle Alpi, many fans just refused ot go.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Pablo said:

They hated the Delle Alpi, many fans just refused ot go.

aye, was originally meant to be for atheletics as well, but wasn't in the end, so the pitch was miles away

The delle Alpi's design was widely criticised due to the poor visibility. This was caused mainly by the distance between the stands and the pitch. Views from the lower tier were also restricted due to the positioning of advertising hoardings.[5] The stadium's location on the outskirts of town never found favour with fans, and the stadium design left spectators exposed to the elements. These factors contributed to attendances significantly below its capacity;