Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

10 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think both Mooy and Dzemaili left of their own accord.

Yup - Mooy rejected a contract extension to go  to St Mirren so he could get a regular game and Dzemaili was sent on loan to Torino where they exercised their option to buy. We got 2 million euros for him even though he only played one cup game for us due to an ACL injury. Great player, still playing.

Edited by Wanderlust

43 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think both Mooy and Dzemaili left of their own accord.

They did. As did Alonso. Mooy wanted first team football & clearly was a couple of years of that with us, at that time.

Dzemali was a sad case. Signed by Sam he got a cruciate injury before he even arrived

Was out a year while we were in chaos, he decided he wanted to go home.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I believe Alex Iwobi threw his shirt into the Everton fans at the end of the game yesterday & they threw it back at him 😂

Apparently not. The shirt thrown back at the players hadn’t been worn on the pitch (according to MoD last night or whichever highlights show I watched)

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

How fucking sick must he be that he didn't join City after meddling by old red nose? He's off to Miami isn't he?

Thought he wanted to hang around in the champs league to make sure Messi doesn't beat him in the goal scoring stakes

Problem is the big teams don't want him and the ones that do, a return to Sporting had been mentioned, can't afford him

19 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Problem is the big teams don't want him and the ones that do, a return to Sporting had been mentioned, can't afford him

Well, y'know, that's up to him isn't it. He can't actually NEED to stupidly large wage he's currently on. If he want to play, rather than hang around pissing & moaning, he could always reduce his price.