Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

35 minutes ago, Underpants said:

That's the second time he's died. Not trying to make light of it but how do we know?

Spoke to a lass well connected. He passed away at 4.20am apparently.Ā 

His brain was starved of oxygen for 50 minutes at the beginning. Would have been practically brain dead even hed pulled throughĀ  :(

• Site Supporter

Serious question; was this Blackpool fan an innocent bystander or passer-by who happened to be in the wrong part of town at the wrong time of day wearing the wrong coloured scarf or replica shirt or was he one of the many over 50s guys who we see at every club who are clinging onto the 70s and 80s football violence days?

Either way nobody deserves to die whilst out for a football game. RIP

9 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Anyway, did red Roger manage to defend Eccles?

It'd be the only bit of successful defending by the Filth all day

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

Its a part of the song 'Spirit of the Blues'.

Spirit of the Boos, surely? šŸ˜‰

• Members
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Serious question; was this Blackpool fan an innocent bystander or passer-by who happened to be in the wrong part of town at the wrong time of day wearing the wrong coloured scarf or replica shirt or was he one of the many over 50s guys who we see at every club who are clinging onto the 70s and 80s football violence days?

Either way nobody deserves to die whilst out for a football game. RIP

read a few comments on twitter saying he was part of a mob who attacked the boozer with burnley inside .....i've no idea if that is true or just gossip.

Ā 

RIP to the fella ...Ā Ā Nobody should ever go to a football game and not come home.

2 hours ago, burnden said:

read a few comments on twitter saying he was part of a mob who attacked the boozer with burnley inside .....i've no idea if that is true or just gossip.

Ā 

RIP to the fella ...Ā Ā Nobody should ever go to a football game and not come home.

Think attacking is slightly strong but they definitely made their way there for a pop at Burnley who were inside and milling about outside too.

This was after a day of alterations including Burnley attacking the Armfield twice.

The video wont make nice viewing for his family put it that way. No head stamping either, he goes down and smacks his head on the floor :(

• Moderators
3 hours ago, burnden said:

though if he'd just gone home after the match, then he would still be alive

28 minutes ago, Zico said:

though if he'd just gone home after the match, then he would still be alive

Indeed.

Looks like there was plenty of time and chances for him just to turn away from it all.

It's really not worth that chance of either being killed or you killing someone with a single punch.Ā It's a game of football FFS.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Indeed.

Looks like there was plenty of time and chances for him just to turn away from it all.

It's really not worth that chance of either being killed or you killing someone with a single punch.Ā It's a game of football FFS.

This.

Since Covid, things have become worse for me. That's not to say everything was great beforehand.

Who was the moron on here who made the comment about how he'd prefer my sort to be at the back with the replica shirt wearers whilst he "goes into battle"?

Shit like what happened to that Blackpool fan hopefully makes him have a rethink.

I'll happily stay at the back, thanks.

• Site Supporter

50 odd year olds scrapping over footy, several hours after the game finishes, is just strange behaviour. Might be a grandad at that age.

Iā€™m afraid itā€™s one of the risks you take if you actively go and seek a fight. Shit as it is, itā€™s not much of a legacy for your loved ones is it?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Who was the moron on here who made the comment about how he'd prefer my sort to be at the back with the replica shirt wearers whilst he "goes into battle"?

Shit like what happened to that Blackpool fan hopefully makes him have a rethink.

I'll happily stay at the back, thanks.

I've lost a bit of enthusiasm for it all frankly.

Once we were all allowed back in, thought a level of appreciation for what we'd been missing may improve things.

Not the case, and loads of idiot kids giving it the big un to a bus load of away supporters is small time and pathetic.Ā 

Now we have fans attacking players and now this. Shite.

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I've lost a bit of enthusiasm for it all frankly.

Once we were all allowed back in, thought a level of appreciation for what we'd been missing may improve things.

Not the case, and loads of idiot kids giving it the big un to a bus load of away supporters is small time and pathetic.Ā 

Now we have fans attacking players and now this. Shite.

But I donā€™t doubt there are those who missed the chance of a ruck.Ā 

This is the direction all those we refer to as ā€˜yoofā€™ are heading. I hope they enjoy it. Iā€™ll be at the back with DazBob, ta.