Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

53 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

How, exactly ?

Because the Tory MPs have clearly been fed a line to all tweet about how good MOTD was without that troublesome leftie. Except you could happily stick your house on any of them being the slightest bit a football fan, never mind MOTD devotees. Let’s be honest, most Tory governments tend to fucking despise football fans. 

30 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Because the Tory MPs have clearly been fed a line to all tweet about how good MOTD was without that troublesome leftie. Except you could happily stick your house on any of them being the slightest bit a football fan, never mind MOTD devotees. Let’s be honest, most Tory governments tend to fucking despise football fans. 

To be fair, John Redwood did spend his weekends running with the Swansea Jacks when he was Minister for Wales.

6 hours ago, MickyD said:

I watched first part of Sully then decided to hit record and finish it today. It only recorded MOTD. 
Fuck it, I’ve seen it before and they all survive.

Surely if it's on BBC you can watch it on the iPlayer?

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, jeep said:

Surely if it's on BBC you can watch it on the iPlayer?

Not sure. All the time it was on, the info bar told me it was MOTD. I’ll look when I can be arsed. As I said, I’ve seen it before and know how it ends.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Not sure. All the time it was on, the info bar told me it was MOTD. I’ll look when I can be arsed. As I said, I’ve seen it before and know how it ends.

Just checked, it's on iPlayer 👍

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I said we should have put in bid for him in January, he’s quality at this level. 

You did, mate and you were right.
You're also right about him being quality.

See, you can be right, just stay away from the politics stuff 😉

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You should watch the house occasionally. Your football fan assessment may change somewhat. Though you may be disappointed in who they support.

5 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

How, exactly ?

I'm guessing that the fact the MP's are preferring the MOTD that shows all the goals, and has replays, rather than the MOTD of the last 50 years which didnt show all the goals, or have replays at all.

Or that they are tweeting what they have told to.

1 hour ago, ZiggyStardust said:

I'm guessing that the fact the MP's are preferring the MOTD that shows all the goals, and has replays, rather than the MOTD of the last 50 years which didnt show all the goals, or have replays at all.

I've spent 30 years negotiating with intransigent, belligerent semi-humans. People take positions. Get used to it.

2 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

at least when we're on last  itll be before fucking midnight with this new speedrun ( 100% , no warps,) version. 

2 minutes ago, tomski said:

Come on Samp. I’d hate them to go down. Get Genoa back too. Also fuck Juve 

They are giving it the old go down, clear the decks, go all season unbeaten bollocks..

They go they wont come back.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

They are giving it the old go down, clear the decks, go all season unbeaten bollocks..

They go they wont come back.

They’ve made some bizarre signings but a small highlight is Winks is doing a job there in recent weeks.

• Members

Watched Benfica this morning with a Portuguese mate/neighbour from Madeira. A big fan of Maritimo he is. Had money riding on Benfica so we were in opposing camps  :D

I have had a soft spot for Benfica since the Eusebio days and in recent years as a mainstay for football betting profits year in, year out. Some team they have. I am sure I heard a stat that in their last 42 games they have lost once and drawn 3 games with (obviously) all the rest being wins. The club seems to have a fantastic production line of talent.

Factor in that in the missus' dialetto Napoletano Benfica means 'nice pussy', what's not to like other than perhaps their colours?

8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

It all seems to have gone quiet on the quadruple front? That bollocks seemed to last about as long as abalone fishing season down here

Maybe Mr. Dubious can give us an update?

Nobody is winning a quadruple.City had the money and squad but not a good enough manager.Was great to see Liverpool lose at Bournemouth after their cup final win.Only last Easter when Liverpool won the FA Cup semi there was a horrific chance of a Scouse quad.Did you see the Newcastle supporters club in London crying about coked up mancs bullying Geordies round Kilburn at the cup final.Again great stuff.I had a chuckle when one of the replies on twitter simply said Eccles.we know what happened to the Geordies in Eccles a few years back 😉

On 11/03/2023 at 23:33, Traf said:

Gave me a dilemma tonight.

I fully support Lineler's right to be able have an opinion and I fully agree with all his colleagues backing him up, but tonight's MotD Light was my favourite MotD since we left the PL. Just the action, no waffle and no screeching commentary.

Agree with every word, and I dont like that jug eared cunt.

Edited by Pablo