Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Watching EFL highlights before, Fleetwood's goals were great, I know first one went in off keeper but half volley was hit so hard I couldn't see the ball on telly! Had another decent volleyed chance from an angle saved later on too, fair play to um.

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, little whitt said:

The prem as always been like 2 League's 

Top and bottom

they will just be happy playing in the bottom half picking up the Odd big win 

And then you get the occasional small club surprising everyone. I remember early in BSA’s time in charge we’d drawn at (I think) Arsenal and it was reported that “Bolton Wanderers held to a draw by Arsenal”

May or may not have been Arsenal

17 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

City are way ahead of most in the prem in fairness. Kompany will be aware of his teams shortcomings, and I'd fancy him to keep them up.

Several of the current squad are loanees including top scorer Tella so VK will be looking to change things. He certainly has the contacts abroad as well as here speaks several languages and could attract upgraded replacements - but it all comes down to how far Pace will back him.

Pace has had a load of criticism re his financing of the Burnley and he has run up a bit of debt already - but he's certainly steered the club in the right direction and Prem income will ease the financial side and we'll see how much he is prepared to gamble - I'd suspect a lot if he wants to hang on to VK.

14 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Watching EFL highlights before, Fleetwood's goals were great, I know first one went in off keeper but half volley was hit so hard I couldn't see the ball on telly! Had another decent volleyed chance from an angle saved later on too, fair play to um.

They were comfortable at the back and in the middle too - Fleetwood are a different proposition since Scott Brown arrived - no team of his would ever roll over.

10 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

They were comfortable at the back and in the middle too - Fleetwood are a different proposition since Scott Brown arrived - no team of his would ever roll over.

Restricted us to three chances at home park last month. Very solid unit

49 minutes ago, green genie said:

Restricted us to three chances at home park last month. Very solid unit

Yup - held you to a draw but I was even more impressed when they took on Burnley in the cup and only went out to a very late goal despite having to play the entire second half with 10 men. SB has worked wonders with what he's got.