Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
7 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Nah mate they just ain’t the elite as much as they think

kings of England you best check records out 

Probably only a matter of time. Your (apparent) lot won't be getting anywhere near them from a long time.

• Members
7 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

so is allowing an Arab sportswashing project  to buy a treble

Fucking hypocrite DMB's. Laughable. They held the whip hand for years with all the money. Don't like it when someone comes along with more.

"Not a football club. We are a brand. That brand is Manchester United"

Fuck off. Just fuck off. Concentrate of selling 'merch' in China you hypocritical cunts.

12 hours ago, Marc505 said:

An hour or two in that Dreupelkot bar that only serves shots, and it's lights out 😃

Thankfully, those days are well behind me. Stuck with the longer drinks, trying to avoid anything that said Trappist on it, due to indulging a little too hard the night before!

Fossey was fairly decent, against opposition that I would put at top end of Championship/lower Prem. Yes, Liege conceded 3, but very little came down their right hand side. Definitely one ex-player I'd have back in a heartbeat, especially now there's a gaping Bradley shaped hole in our side.

2 hours ago, TM Trotter said:

Thankfully, those days are well behind me. Stuck with the longer drinks, trying to avoid anything that said Trappist on it, due to indulging a little too hard the night before!

Fossey was fairly decent, against opposition that I would put at top end of Championship/lower Prem. Yes, Liege conceded 3, but very little came down their right hand side. Definitely one ex-player I'd have back in a heartbeat, especially now there's a gaping Bradley shaped hole in our side.

Is there anything else to do in Ghent besides getting pissed? 

Always fancied Brugge 

5 hours ago, jeep said:

Is there anything else to do in Ghent besides getting pissed? 

Always fancied Brugge 

In the words of a Belgian bloke when I first went there as a surprise stop off as part of our Euro 2016 tour in a clapped out Toyota Corolla:

"Brugge ish where you take your girlfriend, Ghent ish alive."

Both are really historic, beautiful cities. And having done more than just one night there this time, I'd actually argue Ghent is prettier. It's got a 12th(?) century castle right in the centre, and little boat tours round the canals; it's just a very nice place to be. Big University town so there's a really good vibe - I'd recommend having a look at both over a long weekend. 

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, green genie said:

Looks like I’m oop north next weekend.

Anywhere decent to watch the CL final not full of Bolton Reds? Be in Smithills, are any of the pubs on Halliwell still open?

Ainsworth is ok. I’ll be at Heaton CC. Will buy you a pint if you head there 👍

59 minutes ago, desperado said:

Ainsworth is ok. I’ll be at Heaton CC. Will buy you a pint if you head there 👍

Watched the CL final in there last season. Belting gaff.

Edited by gonzo
Ainsworth

The Jock play off game was crazy.

Ross County three down on aggregate, Partick penalty claim, not given, VAR says take another look, ref does- still not given ! Ross County score 2 in a minute, first a handball penalty given via VAR. Ross County man sent off, then allowed to stay on after VAR. 3-2 after 90 minutes, 10 minutes extra time, Ross County equalise . 

Pens, Ross County near to score to win- misses - Partick miss then Ross score 

It was pub football, awful standard. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Zico said:

5 games bout to kick off in La Liga

six of them could go potentially go down with 1 spot left 

2 playing each other 

Valencia losing and on the brink but can't go down because valldolid play getafe which is 0-0 

Valladolid in bottom 3 but if they score getafe go below Valencia on goal difference  

If Valencia pull one back and valldolid score, getafe would be ok as Almeria would be in bottom 3 

Unless they beat already relegated Espanol (currently 1-1)

55 minutes ago, Ani said:

The Jock play off game was crazy.

Ross County three down on aggregate, Partick penalty claim, not given, VAR says take another look, ref does- still not given ! Ross County score 2 in a minute, first a handball penalty given via VAR. Ross County man sent off, then allowed to stay on after VAR. 3-2 after 90 minutes, 10 minutes extra time, Ross County equalise . 

Pens, Ross County near to score to win- misses - Partick miss then Ross score 

It was pub football, awful standard. 

Yeah I watched some of that, crazy game.  First Partick goal was class to be fair.  And great atmosphere from Thistle fans, something about their colours I'm drawn to. 

The pen for the first Ross goal was a travesty and basically cost them promotion. 

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Why have 5 finished already and 5 now playing if games still have something to play for. Seems mental. 

Always the case in la Liga

Pretty much all season games are played one by one over the weekend

Then they play matches that affect each other in relevant batches on the last day