Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

20 minutes ago, Zico said:

Always the case in la Liga

Pretty much all season games are played one by one over the weekend

Then they play matches that affect each other in relevant batches on the last day

So fixtures have a set day but kick off is decided a week before. 

Fuck that. 

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, stevieb said:

So fixtures have a set day but kick off is decided a week before. 

Fuck that. 

they do it all the time, as in, move fixtures with next to fuck all notice

a mate booked tickets for his 40th to go watch Mallorca v Real Madrid - arriving something like Thursday and flying back Monday

week or so before, they moved it to Monday night 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Zico said:

Valencia losing and on the brink but can't go down because valldolid play getafe which is 0-0 

Valladolid in bottom 3 but if they score getafe go below Valencia on goal difference  

If Valencia pull one back and valldolid score, getafe would be ok as Almeria would be in bottom 3 

Unless they beat already relegated Espanol (currently 1-1)

Almeria got an 87th min pen to get a drawm 3-3 and stay up

so Valldolid went down, drew 0-0 at home, 80% possession, 15 attempts on goal, none on traget

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Probably helps explain why there's very little away fan culture there

mate went a few weeks ago, so took in Barcelona v Real Sociedad

now bear in mind, RS are/were chasing a top 4 CL place, and this is all they took

5 hours ago, Ani said:

The Jock play off game was crazy.

Ross County three down on aggregate, Partick penalty claim, not given, VAR says take another look, ref does- still not given ! Ross County score 2 in a minute, first a handball penalty given via VAR. Ross County man sent off, then allowed to stay on after VAR. 3-2 after 90 minutes, 10 minutes extra time, Ross County equalise . 

Pens, Ross County near to score to win- misses - Partick miss then Ross score 

It was pub football, awful standard. 

I enjoyed it. Standard wasn't great - L2? I say that as RC had Dhanda who Evatt was after last year.

But Partick gave it away and I bet Nixon is gutted.

• Members

Unsurprisingly, I watched the last Serie A games - particularly Roma v Spezia, Udinese v Juventus, Milan v Verona and Atalanta v Monza. Compelling stuff in the Euro qualifying and relegation stakes. More bastardry from Roma!

Our punters club had a $5.00 treble with Ladbrokes on Roma x Atalanta x Juventus so that was a nice collect.

The Verona game was different. Napoli fans hate Verona with a vengeance so the missus and I really wanted to see them relegated. Hopefully Spezia send them down in the relegation playoff next weekend.

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Unsurprisingly, I watched the last Serie A games - particularly Roma v Spezia, Udinese v Juventus, Milan v Verona and Atalanta v Monza. Compelling stuff in the Euro qualifying and relegation stakes. More bastardry from Roma!

Our punters club had a $5.00 treble with Ladbrokes on Roma x Atalanta x Juventus so that was a nice collect.

The Verona game was different. Napoli fans hate Verona with a vengeance so the missus and I really wanted to see them relegated. Hopefully Spezia send them down in the relegation playoff next weekend.

See that fan catching a fish at Spezia? :D

• Moderators

Barcelona first team played last league game at 8pm Sunday night and by 11.30am Tuesday were playing a friendly in Japan 

You'd think they'd get a day off at least

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Barcelona first team played last league game at 8pm Sunday night and by 11.30am Tuesday were playing a friendly in Japan 

You'd think they'd get a day off at least

Sold off everything else but their pride including income from next 25 years. They are the Keith Chegwin of football 

How they’re still being linked with players is unreal reality of how far skewed FFP is

• Site Supporter

Not sure if it’s been picked up on post the cup final and prior to Champions League Final - but how good has John Stones been this season in this hybrid CB/Midfield position he’s adopted?

From that Twitter link there’s a good video (if you can ignore the annoying voice) which demonstrates how valuable he’s been to City’s success.

A very talented Englishman 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Article on the efforts of 20,000 WHU fans to get to Prague - many of the routes remind me of Euro efforts on here back in the day if you scroll down to the posts at the bottom:

West Ham's journey to Prague: From London via USA, the Maldives, Australia, Bali and more - football.london

Great article.

My hammers mate one of the lucky 5k with tickets - he’s travelled over from the USA

Messaged me this morning, saying it’s like Christmas Day. 20k over there looking for tickets, they are in very high demand! 

Crazy venue for a Euro final.

Looking forward to tuning in later 

24 minutes ago, desperado said:

Not sure if it’s been picked up on post the cup final and prior to Champions League Final - but how good has John Stones been this season in this hybrid CB/Midfield position he’s adopted?

From that Twitter link there’s a good video (if you can ignore the annoying voice) which demonstrates how valuable he’s been to City’s success.

A very talented Englishman 

Hes been absolutely sensational. Pep did with Lahm at Bayern.

Wonder if Southgate may put him as one of his holders. Get Rice further forward?  

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Wonder if Southgate may put him as one of his holders. Get Rice further forward?  

I was thinking the same thing myself - got to be considered.

It’s like having 2 players on the pitch! 😆