Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

They sell out week in week out, in a league that hasn't been competitive in my lifetime, apart from Aberdeen winning it once when I was a nipper

So do Boca Juniors. They’re big in their respective league, doesn’t mean they’re a global heavyweight 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 42.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • gonzo

    2301

  • radcliffewhite1

    1888

  • Zico

    1641

  • Marc505

    1316

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

how many times had we played them before gartside?

That's a picture from the upcoming book "Camberwick Green Street" by Windy Miller. Excerpt: I remember one time me and Mr Caraway the fishmonger decided to teach those Trumpton cunts a lesson once a

Funny how your green and gold shit died a death when they started to win things again. Something similar kicks off again when they've now won fuck all for years. Strange how all those Sky Reds an

Posted Images

  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, CJG said:

The last time Celtic qualified from their Champions League group was 2012. They couldn't even get past Cluj last season.
Celtic never gone past round of 32 since Europa League changed to groups.

So yes, even Bolton has done better than them in that competition in recent times.

That's not relevant

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CJG said:

The last time Celtic qualified from their Champions League group was 2012. They couldn't even get past Cluj last season.
Celtic never gone past round of 32 since Europa League changed to groups.

So yes, even Bolton has done better than them in that competition in recent times.

Actually reinforces the point massively about what Prem money can do for a club. So cheers 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

So do Boca Juniors. They’re big in their respective league, doesn’t mean they’re a global heavyweight 

You're blinded by your affinity to your employers, which is fine as they obviously treat you well

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

It's all opinions mate but I don't think I do. 

Their total income is less than the bottom Prem clubs get purely for their tv money.  Let that sink in. 
 

and folk expect them to outdo premier league clubs in Europe with that disparity? 

Edited by Escobarp
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

Their total income is less than the bottom Prem clubs get purely for their tv money.  Let that sink in. 

That's why I said as they stand now, should they get on a level playing field money wise then they would be a different prospect. They have been cruising to titles with the likes of Dedryck Boyata & a decent league one striker in Leigh Griffiths. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

That's why I said as they stand now, should they get on a level playing field money wise then they would be a different prospect. They have been cruising to titles with the likes of Dedryck Boyata & a decent league one striker in Leigh Griffiths. 

Griffiths although a wee cunt is a very good player. The boy eduard they have up front is a serious talent. Much better for me than dembele who we all saw last night put the Arabs championship manager team out the champs league. 
 

but eduard will move on to another club same as all their better players Do. Money talks. And when you consider their top earner will be on Top half championship wages they just can’t hold on to them. 

Edited by Escobarp
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure of the point here?

Celtic and rangers are massive clubs in a country that has 5 million people in it.

They aren't in the epl. 

Are you saying if they were they would be massive in the epl?

Why?

Have they got better academies?

Or are we just talking about support?

Given the same amount of money as every other premier league club they would just be another premier league club. But starting with shit players who couldn't make it in the epl.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That Rangers game was awful and is why SPL is awful. That artificial surface at Livingston should never be allowed in a countries top league. and livvy are a 4th division club in terms of support, ground and history. Sorry i follow Rangers but SPL is woeful and you cant put it all down to money. its so lop sided in itself. Rangers & Sellick pulling in massive crowds and then one man and his dog at about half the clubs in their top flight and thats being generous. They fail in Europe coz no domestic competition 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, snowball said:

That Rangers game was awful and is why SPL is awful. That artificial surface at Livingston should never be allowed in a countries top league. and livvy are a 4th division club in terms of support, ground and history. Sorry i follow Rangers but SPL is woeful and you cant put it all down to money. its so lop sided in itself. Rangers & Sellick pulling in massive crowds and then one man and his dog at about half the clubs in their top flight and thats being generous. They fail in Europe coz no domestic competition 

Livvy have won a major domestic cup and are a superbly ran community club and I am actually a season ticket holder there this year and thoroughly enjoy the games I attend each year. I buy the season ticket equally as much to support the club and what they are trying to do as much as to watch the games. 
 

the ground is more than adequate for what they need and it is a well ran facility and club  

im not sure how you can relate history to a division either.  

Edited by Escobarp
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Bruno Penandes.. 20th pen of the season or something ridiculous like that. How many have we had in the last 10 years? About 5

To be fair we’ve not been in the opposition penalty box 20 times in the last 5 years

Link to post
Share on other sites

Newcastle get as many fans through the door as rangers and are quite partial to some premier league money. They’ve never come close to winning anything since 1995.

The old firm are huge, like proper huge, but  It’d take them years for them to build a squad good enough for the prem and a mega rich owner to even push for top 4.

Takes more than just fan base nowadays. 

Chelsea, City, Leicester proves that point. Shirt sales and taking 3 million away fans everywhere matters shit.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Newcastle get as many fans through the door as rangers and are quite partial to some premier league money. They’ve never come close to winning anything since 1995.

 

 

You are right. Celtic and Rangers would be another Newcastle and Sunderland.Top players wouldn't live in the North East or Scottish climate unless they were getting paid oil money rather than just normal big club PL wages.

Watching United was like watching England in the World Cup.Start off keen and energetic but gradually the opposition's better technical players take over and control the match.They are a world class striker, a full back and centre half short of even winning the PL let alone the CL.City need a new manager.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Newcastle get as many fans through the door as rangers and are quite partial to some premier league money. They’ve never come close to winning anything since 1995.

The old firm are huge, like proper huge, but  It’d take them years for them to build a squad good enough for the prem and a mega rich owner to even push for top 4.

Takes more than just fan base nowadays. 

Chelsea, City, Leicester proves that point. Shirt sales and taking 3 million away fans everywhere matters shit.

 

TBF as well as being relegated a couple of times Newcastle have played european football in 12 seasons since 95, and that's the point with Celtic and Rangers, they're more likely to be sniffing round the top half of the PL, rather than struggling or even in the Championship

if they were allowed in, I reckon they'd be able to generate enough cash to make a decent fist of it

but

it'll never happen, so there's no way to win this arguement, it's all about opinons - and if I come across a Rangers or Celtic fan making these claims, I'll take the opposite stance, just for the sake of it

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

That cross and header for Inter's goal then is as good as any type of goal in the game for me, something proper satisfying about watching a curling cross and a glanced header into the net.

 morais style cross that

header was guided in 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

 morais style cross that

header was guided in 

It was pure Morais to Le Fondre stuff that.

Or me in my Devonshire Road field heyday which lasted for around 3 weeks in summer 1999.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.