Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Steejay said:

Doesn’t hide the fact that we’ve been pretty shite.

Bellingham the only shining light. Amazing player for his age.

He’s got to replace either Rice or Phillips soon.

It's quite ridiculous after the so called golden generation how many quality options we have now. Bellingham is such a natural footballer. I fancy he could be the best England player since Gazza.... and that's coming from a massive Foden fan. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

It's quite ridiculous after the so called golden generation how many quality options we have now. Bellingham is such a natural footballer. I fancy he could be the best England player since Gazza.... and that's coming from a massive Foden fan. 

When Foden’s fit, a good manager would find a way to get them all in the team, Grealish as well.

The talent this country has is amazing.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Not reet keen on Sweaties or Bomb chuckers punditing England games.

in fact, i’m just not keen on sweaties or bomb chuckers.

I find Roy Keane refreshing in that he doesn’t go for pre-scripted responses which sugar-coat problems. If England were shit (and they were) he’ll say they were shit (and he did)

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

I find Roy Keane refreshing in that he doesn’t go for pre-scripted responses which sugar-coat problems. If England were shit (and they were) he’ll say they were shit (and he did)

He’s calmed down a bit since he said he wanted another manager job.

Only going off twitter reports so far but apparently Argentina have walked off the pitch in their game in Brazil, health authorities wanted the UK based Argentina players deported for some covid quarantine reasons (bit rich coming from them?!) and now police and health officials have come onto the pitch mid game.

8 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Only going off twitter reports so far but apparently Argentina have walked off the pitch in their game in Brazil, health authorities wanted the UK based Argentina players deported for some covid quarantine reasons (bit rich coming from them?!) and now police and health officials have come onto the pitch mid game.

It's madness lol

20 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Shame the England home games can’t be more travel friendly for us northerners get them spread about the country

looking at going to the Albania game in November 

I think the FA signed a 4,684 year exclusivity contract with Wembley one it re-opened.

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Shame the England home games can’t be more travel friendly for us northerners get them spread about the country

looking at going to the Albania game in November 

England v Finland at Anfield in 01 was probably the moodiest game I've ever been to and it was nowt to do with the Finns 

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Zico said:

England v Finland at Anfield in 01 was probably the moodiest game I've ever been to and it was nowt to do with the Finns 

Remember that game at OT and Stokies were chasing Burnley all over Manchester.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Funny place to have it. Scousers are notoriously "club only" & disdainful of England. As many seem to lean to Dublin as London.

So are Utd but plenty games there too 

That said, there seemed to be lads from everywhere all up for it against each other

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Steejay said:

When Foden’s fit, a good manager would find a way to get them all in the team, Grealish as well.

The talent this country has is amazing.

No thanks, had enough of England managers trying to shoehorn their so called best players into the team no matter what. It didn't work & it never does. 

• Members
6 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Can’t believe some folk on Facebook slagging Southgate give your heads a wobble

Can't slag him for where we are football wise compared to when he took over. World Cup semi, Euro final etc.

Can slag him however for getting the tactics v Italy so utterly and stupidly wrong. One up after 3 minutes should have gone for the jugular. 2-0 down and the eye ties heads would have gone; turned on each other and probably also had a man sent off eventually.

He should stay the fuck out of politics and concentrate on doing what he is paid to do - manage a football team.

Getting sick of hearing the cunt preaching.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Though Bellingham was completely shite. All about opinion 

😯

Plays with a maturity beyond his age. Great skill, and no lack of effort. Still plenty to learn and will get stronger and I think Southgate is managing his workload well.

I do think last night's opposition was so poor that England's players got pulled down a bit- it was too easy- and that's something they'll need to learn to overcome. Was no surprise to see lat goals again though.