Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Lingard and Saka were both good - still don’t think Bellingham did much. Trent Alexandra Arnold was just shocking

His first touch is top class & he's one of those few players that are assessing his options whilst the ball is coming to him rather than concentrating on controlling the ball. He's a major talent now, should he continue to progress he's going to be an England star for years to come. 

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yup, if it fucks off the usuals, its doing the trick. 

Carry on...

Notice how none of them can bring themselves to repeat what he said or explain why they disagree... He's obviously hitting a few nerves that deserve to be hit.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Notice how none of them can bring themselves to repeat what he said or explain why they disagree... He's obviously hitting a few nerves that deserve to be hit.

What did he say? Whoops... just seen your last post. Sorry

Edited by wanderer1984

• Members
4 hours ago, Cheese said:

I won't waste time debating with you or the site feminazi. I'd rather listen to eminent common sense displayed by folk like Sir Les Ferdinand.

8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I won't waste time debating with you or the site feminazi. I'd rather listen to eminent common sense displayed by folk like Sir Les Ferdinand.

I genuinely don't know what he's said that is poitical, and seemingly most others don't either.  What has he said?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I genuinely don't know what he's said that is poitical, and seemingly most others don't either.  What has he said?

I think the overlap between players being against racism and the political side of racism is what Southgate is discussing so it’s absolutely his job to speak on behalf of the players.

• Members
10 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

GS always comes over as gracious and humble imo, he's entitled to his opinion on race issues etc when it involves his own team ffs.

A fantastic ambassador for English football imo, up there with the very best.

Hear hear. 
He’s allowed his opinion and voice on any matter, when it involves his players damn right he should be vocal with his support. How would a player feel not getting the support of his manager. 

• Site Supporter

Southgate has to manage his players how he sees fit. That includes supporting them. 

Been discussed on the bbc this, he could choose to have an environment where players and staff play certain questions with a straight bat, but he has his way and everything is fine. Team seem united and play as a team without club splits affecting things, so that's fine.

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, bolty58 said:

"He's not my favourite actor of all time by the way.....oh no....my favourite actor of all time is Mr Sidney Poitier."

If Southgate really wanted to make a statement he would withdraw the national team from the WC in Qatar.

Their regime is repressive towards women.

The country is deeply homophobic.

Migrant slave labour was used extensively to build the stadiums and over 6500 have died already due to institutionalised racism.

Edited by captainmed

• Site Supporter
Just now, captainmed said:

If Southgate really wanted to make a statement he would withdraw the national team from the WC in Qatar.

Migrant slave labour was used extensively to build the stadiums. 

Get your point, but that would need to come from the players too. Not just our players neither.

We all know it won't happen though, and maybe they will make a statement whilst there. Iirc fifa are investigating things this week in the place. A bit of a joke really given the time since Blatter opened that envelope. And received a handy bonus.

8 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Migrant slave labour was used extensively to build the stadiums. 

Yeah but might win it. 

It's coming home. 

35 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Migrant slave labour was used extensively to build the stadiums and over 6500 have died already due to institutionalised racism.

England should play.  The Scots and Irish will be boycotting it on our behalf