Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Todays Games


superjohnmcginlay
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Anyone comparing that last night to some kids and morons sending monkey emojis are fucking lunatics. 

 

Full on right wing. Government the lot. It’s a shame as it’s nice in the capital

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

newFile-4.jpg?width=982&height=726&auto=

What a beautiful picture

To be fair, those sorts of gestures happen at every league ground when the opponents score.

Makes me smile when you watch highlights of a game and see fans getting their hair off- sometimes make a point of looking at them rather than a player during replays.

On this match specifically, it was delightful to see the quality and professionalism in that second half, in the face of the hostility, and to rub their noses in it. We looked genuine world class in dismantling an opposition that are no mugs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

To be fair, those sorts of gestures happen at every league ground when the opponents score.

Makes me smile when you watch highlights of a game and see fans getting their hair off- sometimes make a point of looking at them rather than a player during replays.

On this match specifically, it was delightful to see the quality and professionalism in that second half, in the face of the hostility, and to rub their noses in it. We looked genuine world class in dismantling an opposition that are no mugs.

 

It gives me a wiggle that someone could be so upset at the colour of someone else skin, makes it even better when that player smashes one in against them ☺️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

To be fair, those sorts of gestures happen at every league ground when the opponents score.

Makes me smile when you watch highlights of a game and see fans getting their hair off- sometimes make a point of looking at them rather than a player during replays.

On this match specifically, it was delightful to see the quality and professionalism in that second half, in the face of the hostility, and to rub their noses in it. We looked genuine world class in dismantling an opposition that are no mugs.

 

If that was an opposing playing from United or someone like that in front of us after scoring I would be giving him some regardless of his colour. Hopefully they will get the racist chanters from the crowd and charge them. Glad we battered the backward country 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DazBob said:

I was in my car listening to it on the radio when the players took the knee and it sounded really loud.

My immediate thought was I wonder if the backward fuckers in this country who boo it listened to that and thought good on them.

Imagine siding with those backward, racist cunts.

Just because they boo, throw things and make monkey chants it does not mean they are racist🤡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

To be fair, those sorts of gestures happen at every league ground when the opponents score.

Makes me smile when you watch highlights of a game and see fans getting their hair off- sometimes make a point of looking at them rather than a player during replays.

On this match specifically, it was delightful to see the quality and professionalism in that second half, in the face of the hostility, and to rub their noses in it. We looked genuine world class in dismantling an opposition that are no mugs.

 

Tbf Luke Shaw got dogs abuse and a load of plastic cups bombarded at him when taking a corner when the game was 0-0, The abuse was directed at ALL the England players, the media and press seem to have missed the Shaw incident out.

During the EURO's the Hungarian crowd were superb, passionate, loud etc... ... reminded us what Football is about with crowds, instead of the bland TV crowd noises that were being played during the covid no crowd era.

The performance from England was top class, they made it difficult first half, but once the first goal went in, we went into ruthless mode, great to see and enjoyable. 

Its just a shame that the performance has probably gone under the radar a little.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DazBob said:

My immediate thought was I wonder if the backward fuckers in this country who boo it listened to that and thought good on them.

Imagine siding with those backward, racist cunts.

I wouldn't know... having been brought up in a multicultural area, living in multicultural areas around England and working with people from different cultures I've never come across those backwards fuckers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Farrelli said:

Just because they boo, throw things and make monkey chants it does not mean they are racist🤡

If you boo players, you're not racist.

If you throw things at players, you're not racist, maybe an idiot or hooligan.

However, if you make monkey chants at players, yes you definitely are racist.

Yes I know you were being sarcastic, but all the same....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
39 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If you boo players, you're not racist.

If you throw things at players, you're not racist, maybe an idiot or hooligan.

 

It depends why you are booing and chucking, surely

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Casino said:

It depends why you are booing and chucking, surely

If England win every game like they did last night, the opposing fans can boo, throw things and abuse players all they like, that's their problem, fuck em.

Anyway I wouldn't say booing and throwing things are racist incidents, if that was the case, we'd hardly have any fans left.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Tbf Luke Shaw got dogs abuse and a load of plastic cups bombarded at him when taking a corner when the game was 0-0, The abuse was directed at ALL the England players, the media and press seem to have missed the Shaw incident out.

During the EURO's the Hungarian crowd were superb, passionate, loud etc... ... reminded us what Football is about with crowds, instead of the bland TV crowd noises that were being played during the covid no crowd era.

The performance from England was top class, they made it difficult first half, but once the first goal went in, we went into ruthless mode, great to see and enjoyable. 

Its just a shame that the performance has probably gone under the radar a little.

 

Aye, what I was alluding to. That said, it is absolutely clear there was more at play than just 'standard' abuse, certainly amongst some of them.

Irrespective of motive, it was, as you say, an absolutely superb effort to silence them.

Commentary reckoned there will be 11 changes for Sunday, which is slightly disappointing, though completely understandable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rudy said:

It gives me a wiggle that someone could be so upset at the colour of someone else skin, makes it even better when that player smashes one in against them ☺️

I remarked to Big E on WhatsApp that they must really hate Sterling. He got dogs abuse and cups thrown at him after he scored. 

When Kane scored they almost applauded him for being white. 

Think Sterling handled it really well. Didn't let it get to him and when he scored remained professional. I'd have been giving em the Vs if I was him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 minute ago, stevieb said:

I remarked to Big E on WhatsApp that they must really hate Sterling. He got dogs abuse and cups thrown at him after he scored. 

When Kane scored they almost applauded him for being white. 

Think Sterling handled it really well. Didn't let it get to him and when he scored remained professional. I'd have been giving em the Vs if I was him. 

Yeah seems like they were booing Sterling because they don’t like him because of his football ability because they love Kane and his football ability. Weird innit 

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I remarked to Big E on WhatsApp that they must really hate Sterling. He got dogs abuse and cups thrown at him after he scored. 

When Kane scored they almost applauded him for being white. 

Think Sterling handled it really well. Didn't let it get to him and when he scored remained professional. I'd have been giving em the Vs if I was him. 

Although revealing a t-shirt with writing many of them wouldn’t understand may have been a bit flawed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

I remarked to Big E on WhatsApp that they must really hate Sterling. He got dogs abuse and cups thrown at him after he scored. 

When Kane scored they almost applauded him for being white. 

Think Sterling handled it really well. Didn't let it get to him and when he scored remained professional. I'd have been giving em the Vs if I was him. 

Maybe they threw a flare towards rice because of his name. Indians like rice, Indians are brown there’s also brown rice. 
 

I can’t think of a link to luke shaw and BAME so I’m guessing the fans on that side of the ground were colour  blind 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, royal white said:

Maybe they threw a flare towards rice because of his name. Indians like rice, Indians are brown there’s also brown rice. 
 

I can’t think of a link to luke shaw and BAME so I’m guessing the fans on that side of the ground were colour  blind 

Or maybe they'd just ran out of pints for the whiteys.

Either way sterling handled it well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

What a silly statement. Booing taking the knee is a million miles from monkey chants. 

Oh aye, I’m sure you want to disassociate yourself from these racist scumbags but these upstanding chaps share your view on players taking the knee. How embarrassing is that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Steejay said:

If you boo, I wouldn’t argue against anyone that called you a racist.

If you are standing near to me and boo my team before kick off then watch out

Edited by Dimron
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.