Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

This was the weekend VAR roared back.

After a few weeks without it being overbearing we now have ref's literally not making decisions & simply referring to that AND still fckg it up.

... & while we're on it, welcome back to the 'Ronaldo's a Fckg Cheat but We Aren't Going to Call Him Out Show' as MotD will soon be renamed.

• Site Supporter

Having watched the highlights, the first dive was just that, going down before the challenge came in.

The second was debatable, leg did come across slightly, but did he run into it and fall, or was it an attempt to foul him?

Fuck knows, but can't criticise the ref for not giving either.

28 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Having watched the highlights, the first dive was just that, going down before the challenge came in.

The second was debatable, leg did come across slightly, but did he run into it and fall, or was it an attempt to foul him?

Fuck knows, but can't criticise the ref for not giving either.

There were 3. 2 just simply cheating, one debatable but I think was him running into someone who couldn't possibly get out of the way and then going down like hit by a sniper.

At least 2 warranted a 'simulation' booking.

He's a magnificent footballer, but also a cheat. At 36 he's beyond changing. I'm hoping he gets recognised for it & any ref's first instinct becomes "did he dive ?"

I thought he was on his way down before he actually made contact with the defender never thought I would be praising Martin Atkinson but he was strong yesterday . Great player Ronaldo but he’s also a great con artist and a cunt . 

7 hours ago, desperado said:

Was following that. 95th minute!  And you were top of the table for a while. SSN were suggesting Portsmouth deserved it having had some decent chances 2nd half, fair? 

Both had enough chances to win. Would have taken a draw before start.

• Members
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Bloody good following there too. Not sure how far it is without checking but must be a trek 

Has to be 4 hours and a royal pain in the shitter to get to 

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Anyone remember that competition the respective naval bases had, moving a huge field gun over an assault course?

Tremendous viewing, some of the injuries the guys suffered were horrific.

Field Gun run used to be brutal. Watched lots of training sessions when dad was in charge of new recruits. Broken bones were a light injury with number of crushed fingers and hands.

When the Royal Tournament got dumbed down to pipers it got downgraded to a level run without the bridge build.

Out of 800 odd at Pompey last night reckon 3/4s would have been SE exiles and RN / MOD.

4.5 hour run along single and dual carriageway from Dem

Watched Metz v PSG this morning. Fucking hell, what a last 5 minutes that was! Talk about how to lose a game through meltdown!

Tell you what is really starting to piss me off this season (all leagues it seems) and that is the persistent and voluminous feigning of injury to break the rhythm of a game, most often the rhythm of superior opposition.

Needs stamping on along the lines of the previous campaign against 'simulation'.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Watched Metz v PSG this morning. Fucking hell, what a last 5 minutes that was! Talk about how to lose a game through meltdown!

Tell you what is really starting to piss me off this season (all leagues it seems) and that is the persistent and voluminous feigning of injury to break the rhythm of a game, most often the rhythm of superior opposition.

Needs stamping on along the lines of the previous campaign against 'simulation'.

Do what the rugby lads do and treat them on the pitch with the game still going on unless it is obviously serious. 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Twist your ankle - hold your head. What a load of shit.

On 22/09/2021 at 10:09, green genie said:

Field Gun run used to be brutal. Watched lots of training sessions when dad was in charge of new recruits. Broken bones were a light injury with number of crushed fingers and hands.

When the Royal Tournament got dumbed down to pipers it got downgraded to a level run without the bridge build.

Out of 800 odd at Pompey last night reckon 3/4s would have been SE exiles and RN / MOD.

4.5 hour run along single and dual carriageway from Dem

After Exeter and Torquay It's a local derby isn't it?  Oh and Bournemouth

Edit, Oh and Southampton .. any more I've missed :)

Edited by Gonk