Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

He doesn’t rule the roost like at villa plus I don’t think pep takes any shit

be a typical champions performance this grind a narrow win out 

Yep. Just that. Without a centre forward (albeit one out wide).

Chelsea meanwhile slip up.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Watching Brentford-City.

Bit dull and tetchy.

Grealish very disappointing. Just doesn't seem enthused and not producing anything like what he can. Dare I say the big fish in a smallish pond is not not so big in this lake?

Poorest I've seen City for a bit. 

Grealish was a odd signing for them because nothing about his style of play suits City's quick passing and pressing. He's just another attacking midfielder for them to use in their system now, no more Mr Maverick hanging on to the ball dictating the pace anymore. 

• Members

No player at city joins and sets the world alight. At most clubs it’s 80% what you do when you have the ball 20% when you dont

Pep isn’t like that, they have the ball and every pass is forward, it’s penetrating football, not tika taka, press press press, win it back move up as a unit. It’s a different way of football at City it takes time to adapt. Every player under pep starts to thrive, no signing really lights it up under him. Mahrez, Walker, Stones, Foden, Silva, aJesus they have all taken time he’s the master of man management , Grealish will come good at city

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Rudy said:

No player at city joins and sets the world alight. At most clubs it’s 80% what you do when you have the ball 20% when you dont

Pep isn’t like that, they have the ball and every pass is forward, it’s penetrating football, not tika taka, press press press, win it back move up as a unit. It’s a different way of football at City it takes time to adapt. Every player under pep starts to thrive, no signing really lights it up under him. Mahrez, Walker, Stones, Foden, Silva, aJesus they have all taken time he’s the master of man management , Grealish will come good at city

People writing Grealish off already need to give their heads a wobble, he will learn & adapt & be even better than he was at Villa. Mahrez was an immensely talented maverick when City bought him but he's a proper team player now. Even Aguero became a better all round player under Pep. 

• Members
Just now, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

People writing Grealish off already need to give their heads a wobble, he will learn & adapt & be even better than he was at Villa. Mahrez was an immensely talented maverick when City bought him but he's a proper team player now. Even Aguero became a better all round player under Pep. 

He was an individual player at Villa, he doesn’t have them. They all have loads of different roles and not just on the pitch but off it as well.

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Newcastle Everton game is off because a 95th booking for time wasting caused a suspension taking them under the threshold for amount of players they need to carry out a game. Joke

Are you suggesting they got the yellow on purpose?

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Nobody is writing him off!

An observation on his performance really night was that he didn't seem really up for it. As if he played within himself.

No doubt he will get better, but on last night's showing he needs to.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Nobody is writing him off!

An observation on his performance really night was that he didn't seem really up for it. As if he played within himself.

No doubt he will get better, but on last night's showing he needs to.

I've heard a few people writing him off. Mind you it's the same people who said he was shit at Villa. I understand him not being particularly liked but doubting his ability a bit silly. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I've heard a few people writing him off. Mind you it's the same people who said he was shit at Villa. I understand him not being particularly liked but doubting his ability a bit silly. 

I hope you're right, as he can be joyous to watch when on top form.

Whether city's rotation will fully suit him, who knows, but he'll have to get used to it.