Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games


superjohnmcginlay
 Share

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

14k on and looked a couple of thousand Boro, just shows how good our crowds have held up.   

been reported as about 3.5k Boro  putting bastards at 10k ish for a team with 1 leg in PL - shithouses

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

been reported as about 3.5k Boro  putting bastards at 10k ish for a team with 1 leg in PL - shithouses

Never known a club to have so many fans desert em. Probably met a handful of ‘used to be Blackburn’ fans. Bottom feeders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, tomski said:

Never known a club to have so many fans desert em. Probably met a handful of ‘used to be Blackburn’ fans. Bottom feeders.

 “Won’t watch them while <Venkys/Mowbray/strange shade of blue on shirt/not Premier League>*

*Delete if not appropriate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

 “Won’t watch them while <Venkys/Mowbray/strange shade of blue on shirt/not Premier League>*

*Delete if not appropriate 

Think they are just inbred to be honest

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Dempsey playing for Gills tonight v Shrewsbury

Stockport going top of the NL tonight, they've been on some run since beating us in the FAC

Dempsey reportedly much happier at Gills now that the manager has gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, little whitt said:

why is there no Prem games this weekend ???

Poor lambs are having a couple of weeks off for winter. Absolutely ridiculous given the games that need rearranging. Dare say they will still be having training camps and friendlies abroad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What a cock he is.

All about him and his sulky ways. His teammates must feel like giving him a slap.

That bloke's fat lip must have hurt.

Could have been OUR cock though, intead of Sordell. £250,000 killed it. Ooops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Wouldn't have stayed long. Either moved on again for profit or sold off back to Palace.

Oh, certainly. But we'd have had a player, not a Sordell who never played. We'd have got that extra point, stayed up & who knows.

Then made a profit.

It'd have been worth the small extra.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Oh, certainly. But we'd have had a player, not a Sordell who never played. We'd have got that extra point, stayed up & who knows.

Then made a profit.

It'd have been worth the small extra.

Maybe.

Or he could have potted his leg, or just been shit.

Lots of ifs.

Fwiw, I'm glad we didn't get him; one of the most petulant, moaning footballers I've seen.

Apart from a brief spell at utd, he's not gone anywhere big and never did anything with England. Surely there is a reason for this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe.

Or he could have potted his leg, or just been shit.

Lots of ifs.

Fwiw, I'm glad we didn't get him; one of the most petulant, moaning footballers I've seen.

Apart from a brief spell at utd, he's not gone anywhere big and never did anything with England. Surely there is a reason for this?

Not really the issue.

A half season later he moved to Stretford for £10m ... we'd have got him for a Sordell (£3m) plus £250k.

He only played 2 league games for Stretford before being loaned back to Palace, Cardiff, Palace again & finally re-signed for Palace.

Stories at the time were that he was shagging Moyses' daughter. Not only that but being very indiscrete about it.

I agree he's a prick & inconsistent. But he'd have been better than Sordell AND we'd have moved him on for considerably more than the £250k we scrimped on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Not really the issue.

A half season later he moved to Stretford for £10m ... we'd have got him for a Sordell (£3m) plus £250k.

He only played 2 league games for Stretford before being loaned back to Palace, Cardiff, Palace again & finally re-signed for Palace.

Stories at the time were that he was shagging Moyses' daughter. Not only that but being very indiscrete about it.

I agree he's a prick & inconsistent. But he'd have been better than Sordell AND we'd have moved him on for considerably more than the £250k we scrimped on.

Like I said- all ifs and buts.

No one knows what he'd have done. Total supposition, and all a bit pointless. History is littered with similar stories and no doubt for all clubs.

What if we'd signed Drogba?

General opinion on here at the time was that our chairmen did the right thing by not busting the bank and overspending. Had we done who knows what would have happened, but its of no consequence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.