Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

46 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Belting game at derby

premier league game and the equaliser is chalked off 

Yes, either for offside or high boot, definitely wouldn't have stood with VAR.  Great support clearly, what I can never fathom when watching some other teams is why nobody leaves early, even 2-0 down in the 87th minute, and 2-1 down in the 95th ,the ground is packed.  Then after every player had left the pitch after a mini lap of honour similar to  our's yesterday, and still there isn't an empty seat to be seen.  Even after a 6-0 win our's was virtually empty by the time the last players had departed.  Don't they have traffic and queues post-match, or trains to catch, in Derby? (or Nottingham last week?).

1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

It's balls. 

If they had cancelled last summers Copa America as they probably should, they wouldn't have needed to squeeze these extra rounds of games in.

Winter break ffs some teams have had 2 now the way they navigated their way through covid Christmas!

17 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Yes, either for offside or high boot, definitely wouldn't have stood with VAR.  Great support clearly, what I can never fathom when watching some other teams is why nobody leaves early, even 2-0 down in the 87th minute, and 2-1 down in the 95th ,the ground is packed.  Then after every player had left the pitch after a mini lap of honour similar to  our's yesterday, and still there isn't an empty seat to be seen.  Even after a 6-0 win our's was virtually empty by the time the last players had departed.  Don't they have traffic and queues post-match, or trains to catch, in Derby? (or Nottingham last week?).

If you dont beat the busses at our place youve fucked it.

I didn't even swtich my engine on till 5:50 last week after Ipswich. Complete gridlock.

If Id have left 5 mins before the end I'd have been home by that time.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

I didn't even swtich my engine on till 5:50 last week after Ipswich. Complete gridlock.

No, you’re wrong. You’re thinking about how it was in 1997 when we first went up to Horwich. They said it was teething issues and would be sorted.

24 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Aye it’s always been like that at ours no matter the score folk leave in droves but the extra few minutes can make a massive difference for getting away, those on bus are fine as it leaves 15mins after FT 

Edited by radcliffe white

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

It just seems odd that it appeared no Derby fans had homes to get home to in any rush, but half of our's seem desperate to leave any time after 85th minute, admittedly less so yesterday.  You'd think there'd be terrible traffic with 30k on at these bigger grounds.  Just find it genuinely puzzling, but I agree the Middlebrook gridlock is a nightmare, after the Wigan game I hadn't moved by 5.50 same as you last week.

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

No, you’re wrong. You’re thinking about how it was in 1997 when we first went up to Horwich. They said it was teething issues and would be sorted.

:)

Remember one fan diving through the sunroof of a car v villa on 97 in a mad bout of road rage.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Are there more incidents though?

Using the physios is great, but there does seem to be a lot of folk being taken ill.

Wouldn’t say so, just a greater awareness on the club’s part to offer their services (and avoid accusations of neglecting their duties…)

• Members
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Is it becoming more frequent or are we just being made more aware of it? Refs never used to stop play if someone was ill/injured in the crowd 

I dunno, don’t ever recall anyone needing medical help in the crowd. Apart from when my owd fella jumped up when Stelios scored against Marseille and accidentally cracked some poor cunt in the chops 😂

9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I dunno, don’t ever recall anyone needing medical help in the crowd. Apart from when my owd fella jumped up when Stelios scored against Marseille and accidentally cracked some poor cunt in the chops 😂

😂😂 I’ve seen it a few times at our place. And I know it’s happened at others 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Win, lose, or draw, I'd rather clap the players off and sit in my car for an hour than leave early.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Serous pace but no end product. 

True

Everything he’s hit has been off target!

Probably falls into the category of if he did have a consistent end product he wouldn’t be playing for Charlton in the 3rd tier!

Fossey will look after him in a couple of weeks 😉