Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games


superjohnmcginlay
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, tomski said:

Have to disagree on the principle as I think it’s effectively having additional refs who clearly have different opinions deeming it a subjective issue and not black or white which is only what technology should be used for.

I do agree if it was executed better they’d be less anger too it. Problem is while it’s different people with different opinions I’m not sure how it improves. 8 of us watching Everton v Liverpool before hand. 4 said onside and 4 offside. Needs to be one blokes decision.

The Richarlison booking standing is complete bollocks once the goal was chalked off.

Mate, your points above relate to the implementation not the principle. The problem is the VAR official has become god, once they go to monitor call has been made. It should be other way round only cast iron mistakes are corrected. 
Offside, you an onfield call and only if there is clear evidence is it over ruled. Just like umpires call in cricket, so you basically build in an agreed margin and this is because the moment the ball is delivered is not  set to the millisecond. At the moment they have done this but the margin I think is always in favour of attacker as in the United Liverpool game. 
West Ham goal yesterday and Newcastle goal both stand. The problem is grey areas being challenged which is a joke. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, tomski said:

I hear you but he removed his shirt as they’d given a goal. It wouldn’t of happened if they hadn’t given the goal. Once that reversed all after should be expunged similarly to any passage of play after a ‘corrected’ decision would be.

Did he, or did he not, remove his shirt on the field of play, during the match ?

He, of course, did. So, under the current rules, that gets him a booking.

Whether that's an odd rule, or tje reason he did it was false, alters nothing. Just adds to him looking an arse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
19 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Rodgers can't survive this.

 

19 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Rodgers out. Dyche in surely..

aye

I know Leicester didn't strengthen in the summer, but there's still a squad that's plenty good enough there

just needs a kick up the arse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
5 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Did he, or did he not, remove his shirt on the field of play, during the match ?

He, of course, did. So, under the current rules, that gets him a booking.

Whether that's an odd rule, or tje reason he did it was false, alters nothing. Just adds to him looking an arse.

Another way of looking at it 

Player scores goal 

Celebrates OTT in defenders face 

Defender nuts player, gets sent off 

Goal disallowed 

You're still seeing red 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zico said:

Another way of looking at it 

Player scores goal 

Celebrates OTT in defenders face 

Defender nuts player, gets sent off 

Goal disallowed 

You're still seeing red 

2 scenarios 

1 shot going in is saved on line by a defender using his hand. Straight red. But there is an off side in build up which is only seen by VAR , assume then the red is also cancelled as the game is in essence taken back to the point of the off side. 
 

2 actually same scenario off side is given at 30 mins, game goes on for 30 seconds after. When the game restarts what happens to the 30 seconds ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
7 minutes ago, Ani said:

2 scenarios 

1 shot going in is saved on line by a defender using his hand. Straight red. But there is an off side in build up which is only seen by VAR , assume then the red is also cancelled as the game is in essence taken back to the point of the off side. 

Aye though would suspect that's more about the passage of play and whether the ball is live

If a player goes in two footed on a knee he's off for violent conduct even if game were to be pulled back 

Taking shirt off is a yellow at any time whether the ball is in play or not, same with violent conduct  

As for the 30 seconds, would hazard a guess it's discounted as i presume any of the minutes spent making a var decision are 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Zico said:

Another way of looking at it 

Player scores goal 

Celebrates OTT in defenders face 

Defender nuts player, gets sent off 

Goal disallowed 

You're still seeing red 

A fair point, but tomski also makes a fair point. Just use a bit of common sense, rescind his yellow for shirt removal but warn him what will happen if he does it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A fair point, but tomski also makes a fair point. Just use a bit of common sense, rescind his yellow for shirt removal but warn him what will happen if he does it again.

Aye, a lenient ref might choose to let it slide, but reckon if they appealed it wouldn't be rescinded 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.