Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

10 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Always nice to see Rangers lose.

... and Celtic bottom of their group with one point from 4 matches.

At this rate neither Glasgow club will get the Euro Cup consolation option & money.

I see Barca & Juve looking unlikely to progress. Expect more 'European Super League' talk. It's not gone away.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Hearts away in Florence tonight though. Scottish clubs might be shit and get dumped out of Europe promptly but they get some superb trips in the summer and autumn each season.

Wank away trip for us years ago, hearded into ground, ale ban all over the city, and pissed down.

Lost 2-0.

20 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Wank away trip for us years ago, hearded into ground, ale ban all over the city, and pissed down.

Lost 2-0.

It is all #fixed when it comes to the Ev though 🤣

To be fair that is shit. I love Florence, but that stadium is like a public swimming baths.

On 10/10/2022 at 18:39, Zico said:

One rumour is he has a release clause of £174m that kicks in 2024 

Only one team is paying that 

So it's been suggested it's a RM clause 

Pep has said there is no team specific clause 

But they already want him rip his current contract and sign a new one 

So it's been suggested that's so they can remove the clause 

He said he only wants 3/4 years at City 

then 3 Years  Each at Top Clubs in Spain/italy/France 

2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I like seeing the little houses in the background behind the goal, makes me want to visit

Had a dude from there on TS last week. Said its the first successful club from the North in ages. Big north south divide there apparently.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Had a dude from there on TS last week. Said its the first successful club from the North in ages. Big north south divide there apparently.

Its 400 miles south of tromso

We all remember them, dont we?

Hard to argue that makes it north, surely

10 hours ago, gonzo said:

Looking at that map I wouldn't fancy Tromso or Bodo away in winter fuck that. Definitely need goggles in your jacket up there 😃

While we're on random European football, watching highlights of Feyenoord last night and any time I see them score at home shit loads of beer gets chucked everywhere behind each net.

Anyone been watching them? It happens so often that it must surely be a "thing" there.

• Members
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

While we're on random European football, watching highlights of Feyenoord last night and any time I see them score at home shit loads of beer gets chucked everywhere behind each net.

Anyone been watching them? It happens so often that it must surely be a "thing" there.

It has been happening for a very long time. Bit stupid and wasteful IMO. There used to be lot of lads from Bradford (a few from Bradford St George SC amongst them) who went over to Feyenoord games and hang a big, fuck off union flag in the left hand corner as you view from the TV gantry. Being Yorkies, I would have been surprised if they would have chucked their ale in the air!

Had a permanent invite but never made the trip which I am sorry about now. Atmosphere supposed to really something. 

• Members

Meant to mention, Scottish football. After the old firm were both bounced, Hearts were pitiful at Fiorentina last night. Looked like the viola could score at will.

Pub league is harsh but I reckon the bottom half of the Championship and the top half of League One would give their current squads  something to think about. 

40 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

It has been happening for a very long time. Bit stupid and wasteful IMO. There used to be lot of lads from Bradford (a few from Bradford St George SC amongst them) who went over to Feyenoord games and hang a big, fuck off union flag in the left hand corner as you view from the TV gantry. Being Yorkies, I would have been surprised if they would have chucked their ale in the air!

Had a permanent invite but never made the trip which I am sorry about now. Atmosphere supposed to really something. 

I've noticed a few Union flags (not jacks, I get bollocked off the gf for saying that) in that ground over the years and thought they must have a few alliances going on, specially as their hooligan scene was one of the worst in Europe for a long while.

Atmosphere always looks great there, and Rotterdam is a place I'd like to visit although I believe it's proudly unglamorous 😃 Just have mental images of thousands of pissed up Dutch dockers dancing around hardcore gabber clubs!

33 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I've noticed a few Union flags (not jacks, I get bollocked off the gf for saying that) in that ground over the years and thought they must have a few alliances going on, specially as their hooligan scene was one of the worst in Europe for a long while.

Atmosphere always looks great there, and Rotterdam is a place I'd like to visit although I believe it's proudly unglamorous 😃 Just have mental images of thousands of pissed up Dutch dockers dancing around hardcore gabber clubs!

Been to Rotterdam once 

Bastard freezing and pissed it down 

Seemed like a bigger, but better, version of Hull

2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Rotterdam is a place I'd like to visit although I believe it's proudly unglamorous 😃

Resist it.  It's a complete toilet. Docks, storage facilities and chemical plants. 100% 'industrial'. Dangerous too. Cold, windy, often wet and the whole area so flat that a sleeping policeman is considered a hill.

Not one saving grace whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Been once, a good few decent clubs I was refused entry in one club for being too old