Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games


superjohnmcginlay

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, tomski said:

Won’t sign one of em.

Maybe Rice if Moyes fulfills his ex Utd manager obligations of taking Maguire, McTominay and Martial as reported on one back page today.

can’t see past Citeh for Bellingham to play for Pep with Grealish and Foden in a possible England three behind his mate Haaland.

Kane stays put or goes Munich (Bayern) to get his trophy count up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Deliberately timed our @TrafTours honeymoon to be in Rome on the Sunday so we figured one or the other would be at home. Fuck knows how we get tickets like but we’ll figure it out. 

Traf's concierge service, otherwise known as TicketTrafster

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Deliberately timed our @TrafTours honeymoon to be in Rome on the Sunday so we figured one or the other would be at home. Fuck knows how we get tickets like but we’ll figure it out. 

Inbox me, hun xx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Sounds like something awful has gone on in Blackpool, one of their fans been seriously hurt outside the Manchester pub?

Apparently so. Bloke is on life support.

Trouble all over after game. Burnley stormed the armfield twice.

I was in town working and could hear the helicopter and police were whizzing up the road so knew summet had gone off.

Cordons and crime scene jobby outside Manchester currently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, gonzo said:

Apparently so. Bloke is on life support.

Trouble all over after game. Burnley stormed the armfield twice.

I was in town working and could hear the helicopter and police were whizzing up the road so knew summet had gone off.

Cordons and crime scene jobby outside Manchester currently.

And yet they kicked off at 3 but we had to be half 12 and reduced allocation at Morecambe 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

RIP to the Blackpool fan btw. Nobody should be going to a game and not coming home

(No intention on my part for the first paragraph to cheapen or trivialise the second, although I appreciate it may read that way)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

And yet they kicked off at 3 but we had to be half 12 and reduced allocation at Morecambe 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

RIP to the Blackpool fan btw. Nobody should be going to a game and not coming home

(No intention on my part for the first paragraph to cheapen or trivialise the second, although I appreciate it may read that way)

Aye know what you mean mate. The whole town knew Burnley were going to be all over this. Jokes all week about boarding windows up and all that.

It shouldve been a bubble jobby. Burnley have always had more out of Blackpool than Blackburn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Aye know what you mean mate. The whole town knew Burnley were going to be all over this. Jokes all week about boarding windows up and all that.

It shouldve been a bubble jobby. Burnley have always had more out of Blackpool than Blackburn.

And the lack of trains would have made that a piece of piss to implement, too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

And yet they kicked off at 3 but we had to be half 12 and reduced allocation at Morecambe 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

With two big local derby games, Blackpool/Burnley £ Morecambe/Bolton plus Blackburn/Sheff Utd, all requiring a large police presence, one of them needed to be early kick off. The police presence from our game could then be mobilised to the other two games as needed.(probably all to Blackpool) 

It probably made no difference to Lancs Police which early game supplied the back-up to the others but perhaps Morecambe requested to be the early game because of last year’s game. 

I drove yesterday* so wasn’t drinking but judging by many of the lads in my proximity on the terrace, an early KO didn’t prevent pissheadery. Maybe not drinking exacerbated things.

* Thank’s to Sharon’s (of #sharonwatch fame) dad for the car parking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

I drove yesterday* so wasn’t drinking but judging by many of the lads in my proximity on the terrace, an early KO didn’t prevent pissheadery. Maybe not drinking exacerbated things.

You weren’t stood far from us (or at least I went past you twice for a pee 😊) and tbf it was all a bit subdued around us right behind the goal. The bellends calling Ripley a paedo and singing about cocks (I refer to the honourable @Marc505for his stance on this topic) are going to be bellends regardless of booze, I reckon.

That said, I really didn’t have tackling it sober, so stayed over purely so I could have a couple of pints before the game to take the edge off, just in case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, little whitt said:

Always thought its just a ACCIDENT waiting to happen That

This.

Hope our lot are banned from doing it.   How many times do we see a player do it and then kind of pull out .   Just daft

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You weren’t stood far from us (or at least I went past you twice for a pee 😊) and tbf it was all a bit subdued around us right behind the goal. The bellends calling Ripley a paedo and singing about cocks (I refer to the honourable @Marc505for his stance on this topic) are going to be bellends regardless of booze, I reckon.

That said, I really didn’t have tackling it sober, so stayed over purely so I could have a couple of pints before the game to take the edge off, just in case. 

Say hello next time then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, green genie said:

Horrible news from Blackpool. 
 

Was at Swindon late 80s when same happened to Argyle lad. 


Need to have another word with my lads  and their mates on their fashion sense.

Not kids either. The fella killed in his 50s and lad arrested 33.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, gonzo said:

Not kids either. The fella killed in his 50s and lad arrested 33.

There’s a video doing rounds of some 50 odd year old Argyle “lads” fighting Pompey yoof. Christ, they have rightly taken some abuse , but ffs to lose your life for a tear up over football 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.