Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games


superjohnmcginlay

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

 Great fact, I'll have that thanks.

Wonder how much he's got paid in salary and bonuses this season compared to if he'd played every week at a middling Championship club.

Read something the other week that Carson is a gem to have around the dressing room and all the rest of the team love him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Read something the other week that Carson is a gem to have around the dressing room and all the rest of the team love him!

Kind of the impression I've got watching all the videos on social media, most of the squad seem close to him. Fair play to him. Make your money, it's a short career 

Edited by L/H White
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, L/H White said:

Kind of the impression I've got watching all the videos on social media, most of the squad seem close to him. Fair play to him. Make your money, it's a short career 

Think a 3rd keeper like him is pretty much part of the coaching set up.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

 Great fact, I'll have that thanks.

Wonder how much he's got paid in salary and bonuses this season compared to if he'd played every week at a middling Championship club.

£1.3m / £20 odd k a week. Apparently. 

Similar to Traff at Bolton if legend would have you believe 

 

Edited by stevieb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, L/H White said:

this saudi league is gathering pace 

big bunch of high profile players gone and more on their way 

mouriniho and gerrard also linked with managers jobs 

china will die now, and maybe america to 

 

I dunno I think they can all thrive on their own ways. China has been finished for a while but MLS may still offer a lifestyle to certain players that SA can't, I'm glad Messi chose there.

And nothing is going to overtake Europe I still think that's where the best will go... unless a World Champions League is set up, hmm.

It's funny seeing big players linked with individual named European clubs and then just "Saudi Arabia" as a whole. How is it decided which of their teams they go to!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I dunno I think they can all thrive on their own ways. China has been finished for a while but MLS may still offer a lifestyle to certain players that SA can't, I'm glad Messi chose there.

And nothing is going to overtake Europe I still think that's where the best will go... unless a World Champions League is set up, hmm.

It's funny seeing big players linked with individual named European clubs and then just "Saudi Arabia" as a whole. How is it decided which of their teams they go to!

it's funny they sacked phil neville the week before they signed messi 

imagine phil neville managing messi :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, L/H White said:

it's funny they sacked phil neville the week before they signed messi 

imagine phil neville managing messi :D

Excuse me Mr Messi would you be so kind as to erm track back when we lose possession please? No? Okay that's totally fine sorry to disturb you 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
44 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I dunno I think they can all thrive on their own ways. China has been finished for a while but MLS may still offer a lifestyle to certain players that SA can't, I'm glad Messi chose there.

And nothing is going to overtake Europe I still think that's where the best will go... unless a World Champions League is set up, hmm.

It's funny seeing big players linked with individual named European clubs and then just "Saudi Arabia" as a whole. How is it decided which of their teams they go to!

SA get big names in their twilight but no doubt that will get them viewing figures outside Europe 

china got average players in their prime years on big wages, but sure who watched that though 

that's nothing special about the SA national team with Benzema up front, will never catch on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a game but I just watched jude Bellinghams media presentation and you cant help but like this young lad.  Everything at his feet and he seems so humble with all thats going on.    

Likely to be one of Englands best ?   I'd say so and also hope he does fulfil his potential, got a tough gig in the Madrid midfield but gives me a reason to watch em this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Not a game but I just watched jude Bellinghams media presentation and you cant help but like this young lad.  Everything at his feet and he seems so humble with all thats going on.    

Likely to be one of Englands best ?   I'd say so and also hope he does fulfil his potential, got a tough gig in the Madrid midfield but gives me a reason to watch em this season.

Absolutely amazed to discovery he's still only 19!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Not a game but I just watched jude Bellinghams media presentation and you cant help but like this young lad.  Everything at his feet and he seems so humble with all thats going on.    

Likely to be one of Englands best ?   I'd say so and also hope he does fulfil his potential, got a tough gig in the Madrid midfield but gives me a reason to watch em this season.

Wierd his brother left Birmingham, for Sunderland, on the same day.  Bet his parents were torn between going to Madrid or Sunderland to help their sons' with their moves.  Not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Well the title is "today's games", and today Jamaica played a friendly at home to Qatar.

Fuck me, the atmosphere and the skills, and it kicks off big time,,,

 

Almost as bad as the SPL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
9 hours ago, Cheese said:

Absolutely amazed to discovery he's still only 19!

And he's already notched up something like 150m in transfers

Brum bagged another 6m with this deal as well 

6 year deal 

And he still won't be in his prime when it ends

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Zico said:

And he's already notched up something like 150m in transfers

Brum bagged another 6m with this deal as well 

6 year deal 

And he still won't be in his prime when it ends

I thought he was about 24. Not sure why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Cheese said:

Absolutely amazed to discovery he's still only 19!

Yeah, same, he seems to have been around for so long.

The City boys (Grealish, Foden etc) get the limelight, but he could well end up being the best we've had for a very long time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/06/2023 at 16:46, Johnnyrotten said:

Not his fault and he seems to be a cracking lad, but Calvin Phillips must feel embarrassed to be celebrating winning a Semi Final/Cup Final/League Title/open top bus tour every few days for a month, without actually kicking a ball or contributing.

Not sure how long I'd be able to keep up the pretence of joy, might be able to stretch to one cup celebration 😀

I bet when he sees his win bonuses he won't be that bothered

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/06/2023 at 17:45, Johnnyrotten said:

 Great fact, I'll have that thanks.

Wonder how much he's got paid in salary and bonuses this season compared to if he'd played every week at a middling Championship club.

His contract is allegedly £35K per week, so just short of £2M per year - so he's probably earning more for not playing, than he would be for having to play every week. He's apparently about to sign another 12 month extension, to be their 3rd choice, which is a bit of a result for him. I'm assuming he must do a bit on the coaching side (along with @Rudy) as well.

Fair play to him, he really is living the dream

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Zico said:

And he's already notched up something like 150m in transfers

Brum bagged another 6m with this deal as well 

6 year deal 

And he still won't be in his prime when it ends

With the state of the ownership at Birmingham, it probably isn’t stretching it that they’d be in serious trouble without the transfer money that has come in from Bellingham. No wonder they retired his shirt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.