Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games


superjohnmcginlay

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Zico said:

You know how footballers and managers are always moaning about playing too many games?

The new CL format will mean some will play 65-75 a season including internationals 

Yep. Same with the across the globe friendlies. Appreciate they don’t probably suggest it, but sympathy is little.

That said on a separate note if you are paying someone £300k a week you probably want your moneys worth.

Saw something the other day saying average prem wage is £82k a week.

To back up its a vicious circle as a player if someone offers you that, who in their right mind says no to it. I think I blame the owners, though slightly messy.

Edited by tomski
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Yep. Same with the across the globe friendlies. Appreciate they don’t probably suggest it, but sympathy is little.

That said on a separate note if you are paying someone £300k a week you probably want your moneys worth.

Saw something the other day saying average prem wage is £82k a week.

To back up its a vicious circle as a player if someone offers you that, who in their right mind says no to it. I think I blame the owners, though slightly messy.

True but if you're the player you didn't sign up for however uefa might want to re arrange their competition

If in the normal world you got told you've had to work more hours wouldn't you be pissed off

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

True but if you're the player you didn't sign up for however uefa might want to re arrange their competition

If in the normal world you got told you've had to work more hours wouldn't you be pissed off

You know me well😂

I may also be a little bit more flexible on £300k a week, I doubt it though 

Edited by tomski
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tomski said:

You know me well😂

I may also be a little bit more flexible on £300k a week, I doubt it though 

yeah, but they all get money on top of their salary for each game they play, plus more games = fewer training sessions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.