Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Eidur Gudjohnsen

L/H White

According to Nixon, he was told Eidur was MOM in friendly.

Not being funny but in a behind closed doors game between Bolton and Bury presumably featuring kids from both clubs if Eidur wasn't man of the match I'd be worried.

I think we should sign him and think we might well do, but reckon Nixon doesn't know any more than anyone else.

Not being funny but in a behind closed doors game between Bolton and Bury presumably featuring kids from both clubs if Eidur wasn't man of the match I'd be worried.

I think we should sign him and think we might well do, but reckon Nixon doesn't know any more than anyone else.

you're right

he's just a very good guesser

you're right

he's just a very good guesser

Don't get me wrong he's definitely got contacts. A week ago he was adamant that Eidur wouldn't sign and was just for training. And pretty much scoffed at any suggestion it might be a worthwhile deal.

All I'm doubting is that there has been a sudden change based on one behind closed doors game. Unlike what Nixon says I suspect that Eidur signing has been very much on the cards since he came here.

Don't get me wrong he's definitely got contacts. A week ago he was adamant that Eidur wouldn't sign and was just for training. And pretty much scoffed at any suggestion it might be a worthwhile deal.

All I'm doubting is that there has been a sudden change based on one behind closed doors game. Unlike what Nixon says I suspect that Eidur signing has been very much on the cards since he came here.

Nixon provides entertainment for a lot of people who thrive on those little bursts of excitement he offers.

Nothing wrong with that. No harm coming to anyone. Nice clean fun.

He knows more than me too. I should hope so it he's paid to do the job. Personally I'm happy go wait for the BEN or club photo with the scarf. No hopes raised or dashed.

Talking of transfer rumours, is that thread still floating around when loads were gutted we didn't sign Jimmy Bullard? Love to read that one again. I might have been one of them!

Anyone think that we should have signed Leroy Lita for £5m now?

See this could be the film "Sliding Doors" take one turn and every thing is different.

For us the "Juke" looked a world beater, for Boro and Burnley he looked/looks gash

Len Canttelo for WBA ran the show but for us utter Shit. 

See this could be the film "Sliding Doors" take one turn and every thing is different.

For us the "Juke" looked a world beater, for Boro and Burnley he looked/looks gash

Len Canttelo for WBA ran the show but for us utter Shit.

If we had financed all these players Big Sam said he wanted to sign during his reign, we would be Barcelona now.

If we had signed Jimmy Bullard, we would have been more skint and had an interest in this year's I'm A Celebrity.

I don't. I just follow the edited highlights on here.

Course you don't

May Clayton now on trial at a Danish club.

I wouldn't be surprised if BWFC had sent him there to force Crewe's hand about lowering their demands.

Or am I being a bit too cynical?

Agree with much of that. Despite what some folk think, nothing against Nixon, seems a decent enough fella.

But he's all about his sources. In the Coyle era, he had it nailed on with BWFC rumour, but with Freedman, his sources seem a lot weaker, probably agents and word from other more friendly club sources elsewhere. He has some info, that's certain. But it's vague - and if he's breaking it on Twitter, probably even more vague as that makes him no money. Hence the riddles.

Personally I don't really care who we might sign, only who we have signed. If folk enjoy Nixon's hints, good on them. No harm in it.

Edited by Garrp

Nurse, someone is keeping a personal record of what I say on a forum!

They're coming to get me!!

Despite what you think, I genuinely enjoy this banter. Don't take things so seriously. I certainly don't.

Course you don't

Oh, regarding the above, I don't get it though. One story I heard from a news site, the other a general opinion about Nixon (who I have followed in the past in the Coyle era, just not of late). What point are you making?

If you love the Nixon stuff, good on you. But I can't see why everyone has to follow his every utterance. As the words above say and as I said earlier, he knows more than me, seems a decent fella, but I only have a passing interest in who we might sign. More interested in who we do sign.