Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Snooker

Cheese

• Site Supporter

I’ve just put this on

Theres a bloke trying to hit the white ball but his bat keeps falling off the rest and hitting a brown ball

These are the best in the world then are they?

I reckon I’d have a chance here

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’ve just put this on

Theres a bloke trying to hit the white ball but his bat keeps falling off the rest and hitting a brown ball

Racist snooker. 

24 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’ve just put this on

Like Darts really, practice for a couple of hours a day, for four of five days a week, for a year, you'd probably get in the top fifty in the world. Obviously it's far, far easier in the darts, but the same principle still holds, you'd just need to practice snooker a little bit more.

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Replayed some classic moments this afternoon. Cliff Thorburn’s 147. What a great sporting moment!!

Best bit about that is Bill Werbenuick stopping playing on the other table so he could watch his mate making history.

14 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Just got tickets for the champion of champions tournament at the hotel in November. 

I'll see you there. I'm scheduled to play Sweep in the quarters, winner meets Alex Brooker in the semis.

On 03/05/2021 at 14:39, Sweep said:

Like Darts really, practice for a couple of hours a day, for four of five days a week, for a year, you'd probably get in the top fifty in the world. Obviously it's far, far easier in the darts, but the same principle still holds, you'd just need to practice snooker a little bit more.

More like 6 hours a day, 6 days a week, with a match on the other day, for 10 years.

On 03/05/2021 at 22:06, Alf Hartigan said:

Best bit about that is Bill Werbenuick stopping playing on the other table so he could watch his mate making history.

Yep, spotted that, all added to the moment.