Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dare To Dream People....

gonzo

• Site Supporter

Next seven games are vital, they are the games to make up nine points to catch the top six, once in there it's full steam ahead

We just need to stay near the pack by end of year. If we can close that 9 points down to 4/5 things will be looking good

I've just done the dance in my kitchen! Haha brilliant.

One thing to remember in all this...if Our previous buffoon of a manager can get that shower of overpaid relegation fodder from the lower reaches to within a point of the play offs then just imagine what could be on the horizon for us with this team in charge.

This league is tough but very mediocre. Teams put little runs together a fly up and down the league. Wolves were top and flying for a short while,if Ipswich are worthy of second then I'm a Dutchman and Blackburn are nothing special.

If we stay consistent it's happening.

It is a massive transfer window, if NL can sign players as well as he can organise and motivate them it could be brilliant.

Over last 10 games we have best defence in the league.

Given our attacking options last night was superb, 5 points in first 11, 21 in next 11 under Lennon.

I can not stop thinking where we could be if we had got Lennon instead of DF

The feel good factor is returning, the FFP results were surprisingly good, the team is picking up, if we can get a big crowd Boxing Day and a result we could 4000 plus

Strange at the moment is that we probably want teams below us to beat teams above us, might mean we drop a few places today but keeps the gap as narrow as possible to the play offs.

Edited by Ani

I can not stop thinking where we could be if we had got Lennon instead of DF .

Haha, there's always so many "if onlys"

Then again Lennon was managing Celtic to the title at the time but I heard something last week about who would have got the job if DF had not.

A mate was in a box last week & leaving the Macron via the main entrance after the game at the same time as Mick McCarthy. One of those blokes in blue club blazers said "I thought you were joining us Mick?" to which he replied "So did I".

So if it hadn't been DF it would have been big Mick and we would probably be looking a lot like Ipswich now, still I am very happy where we are now :-)

Chuck in a cracking cup run and this may well have a whiff of Rioch about it

Been thinking this too.

Definite feelgood factor around the place and Lenny seems to be galvanising the whole club like Bruce did.

Seriously impressed with the improvement in defence, long may it continue. :thumbsup:

Not getting carried away but still feeling a bit giddy. :jump:

Oh aye, and smash them bastards next week.

When he took over and we were rock bottom I got 20/1 for top half finish 28/1 for top six finish and 66/1 for promotion. Tenner on each

I put mine on the day before Brentford at home. 33/1. Only a fiver though. Despite appearances to the contrary you must be even more confident than me.

Depends, we need goals and if we play like we did v Ipswich with no shots for their goalkeeper to make then we have no chance, draws won't be enough, however if we have them kind of games in-between performance like vs Millwall, then we certainly will be up there, if Lennon was here earlier, we'd be thinking about challenging Derby and Boro etc for the title, no doubt.

Edited by Didledee

• Members

Mr Lennon Believes

“What I’m hoping for is to be in a good position in the league by the turn of the year and give us something to aim at because the play-offs are in mind.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/bolton_wanderers/11680403.Bolton_Wanderers_aiming_to_keep_Chung_Yong_Lee_back_for_FA_Cup_clash_against_Wigan_Athletic/?ref=eb

Mr Lennon Believes

“What I’m hoping for is to be in a good position in the league by the turn of the year and give us something to aim at because the play-offs are in mind.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/bolton_wanderers/11680403.Bolton_Wanderers_aiming_to_keep_Chung_Yong_Lee_back_for_FA_Cup_clash_against_Wigan_Athletic/?ref=eb

And now he's on Football Focus

Then again Lennon was managing Celtic to the title at the time but I heard something last week about who would have got the job if DF had not.

He wasn't managing them for the first ten games of this season when Freedman was amassing 5 whole points. Just hope that persevering with him for so long doesn't cost us in the end.

Can anbody do a table from lennons 11 games in charge? Im shit like that.

The old cliche judge the table after 10 games etc etc. id say wed be clear top?

So hes wiped out that horrific start and had us nicely within range. Got another half a season at 2ppg.

Happy Christmas its gonna be a good new year