Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

K O

RONNIE PHILLIPS

I have no real hatred for Blackpool. I feel sorry for their fans but they wouldn't be arsed if it was us so fuck em. Like gonzo says it's the hardcore you have to feel for.

Maybe some of our fans will realise why things at the macron aren't that bad considering

Could be a useful template if this is the way football is going:

Letter of apology in full

Mr Karl Oyston , Mr Owen Oyston and the Directors of The Blackpool Football Club Limited ,
Blackpool FC Stadium ,
Seasiders Way ,
Blackpool
FY1 6NZ

28th January 2015

Dear Mr Oyston ,

Re: Mr Karl Oyston, Mr Owen Oyston ("the Oystons") and The Blackpool Football Club Limited ("BFC") - Apology and Undertaking

Between the 9th April 2014 and the 9th August 2014, I posted on the web site forum FansonLine.Net message board the postings ("the Posts") set out in the attached Schedule.

I accept that the Posts are defamatory and involve an imputation of grossly disreputable conduct such as to seriously harm the reputations of the Oystons and BFC in general and that of Owen Oyston in particular and that the Posts lower opinions of the Oystons and of BFC in the estimation of right thinking members of society and are grossly insulting to the Oystons and to BFC .

Furthermore, I accept that some of the Posts suggest that physical violence may be undertaken against the Oystons (and, in particular, Karl Oyston ) by advising the Oystons, in two of the Posts, to "...watch their backs..."

I now accept that those Posts are false, defamatory and, in some cases, threatening and I unreservedly withdraw them and I also undertake not to repeat them.

I also accept that my comments may well have led others to think that that Owen Oyston enjoyed the company of prostitutes, contracted a sexually transmitted disease whilst in Thailand , which he "..passed on ..." To these prostitutes, who then "...passed it on " to players at the Club.

I accept that all these similar allegations in the Posts are false.

I recognise that my Posts have, in view of their widespread distribution, helped to generate hostility and animosity towards the Oystons and towards BFC. With hindsight, it is clear that I should not have posted these Posts and I very much regret having done

I would hope that other users of social media will see how damaging untrue and inaccurate postings can be.

I would like to sincerely and unreservedly apologise to the Oystons and to BFC for the harm and distress my comments have caused to them.

In recognition of this, I have agreed with their suggestion that I should make a token donation of £5,000 to the Blackpool FC Community Trust in lieu of damages and legal costs.

I recognise that BFC is now in a significantly healthier financial situation than when the Oystons first became involved with it. I note that the combined net asset value of Segesta and BFC is now £32,000,000 as at May 2014, compared with minus, a deficit of £42,000 in May 1987, when Owen Oyston saved BFC from bankruptcy and demolition.. I accept that the Oyston's concern is and has always been, for the financial stability and success of the Club.

I believe that whilst fans and management may have differing views as to how best to seek to replicate the Club's recent success on the pitch, it is fundamental that everyone should work together rather than create divisions.

I therefore undertake that:

1. I unreservedly withdraw the allegations set out in the Posts and

2. I hereby profusely and sincerely apologise for any offence caused to the Oystons and to BFC by my comments and

3. I will cause this apology and undertaking to be posted on FansOnline.net immediately and I will not seek or cause it to be removed from such site and

4. I undertake not to repeat the said words, or any similar words, or make any similar allegations and

5. I will not seek to retract or withdraw the said apology, or any part of it, or say or do anything to suggest that it is other than made sincerely and freely given. I will not seek to denigrate, detract or dilute or in any way undermine it or diminish its effect and

6. I will within 28 days donate the sum of £5,000.00 to blackpool Community Trust Fund.

Signed by Stephen Sharpe this 28th day of January 2015

• Moderators

just where do these clowns think blackpool 'should be'

i heard one dick say we want him out so we can get back to where we belong

theres a whole load of clubs who belong in the prem before them

theyre a smaller shitter version of us

just where do these clowns think blackpool 'should be'

i heard one dick say we want him out so we can get back to where we belong

theres a whole load of clubs who belong in the prem before them

theyre a smaller shitter version of us

Totally agree with all of that.

The only thing is this guy isn't just running a tight ship and keeping the football club ticking over whilst treading water in the championship. That would be acceptable I suppose.

This guy is running them into the ground and at an alarming rate. The 'missing millions' from the premiership isn't conjecture,it's fact. The accounts are there for all to see. He's taken all the money and not put a single penny back in bar running costs.

A lot of the fans I speak to dont want mega investment and splashing money around. They just want a sound and proper football club.

It really is a shit state of affairs.

Ah well.

Edited by gonzo

Wonder if KO knows where Gonzo lives?!

Wouldn't be that hard to figure out haha

E,the initial court case in Manchester has been delayed for 2 weeks.

My old man was talking to a Blackpool councillor the other night who uses the same legal team as the Oystons. They reckoned it was going to be a open and shut case and simply want to make an example of the defendant.

The judge apparently was leaning towards the defence during the first hearing and granted him extra time to sort his defence out.