Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Doing Euro 2016

Marc505

As we race towards a new year, thoughts for me are beginning to turn towards saving and preparing for Euro 2016 in France. I've already briefly talked to the likes of Bowtun Baked (I'll be pecking your head for the next 18 months!) EyesRight and Radcliffewhite in the past about their plans to go over, for me this will be the first time I've gone to a tournament like this.

Already been through the familiar stage of excited drunken discussions with mates who all sound well up for travelling - at one point there were about 10 of us going on a road trip beginning in Amsterdam, travelling through France for the tournament and ending up in the south of Spain. Yeah...

Now, as expected, there's only me still talking about it.

So, who's going? What are your plans? Leaving it till the last minute? Still recovering from Le Turnoi/France '98?

As it stands I'm looking at doing if not the entire month then up to 3 weeks, travelling around all over France on trains and staying wherever is available, based around whatever tickets I can get hold of. Not that fussed about going anywhere near the England scene, I'm more up for visiting different towns and cities, meeting groups of supporters of other countries - getting to a few games and watching the rest in fan parks but I've no doubt this will change as soon as I get there!

24 European teams, high chance the majority of them will bring large followings, only a short flight away. It's going to be lively. 

I had 10 DEFINITES for Brazil from 2 years to 6 months before.

2 of us went

I loved the trip but hated the whole england scene.

Pissed bellends chanting loudly and for no reason......ironic!

Also how can you get angry when you never did any games

Pissed bellends chanting loudly and for no reason......ironic!

Also how can you get angry when you never did any games

Munich and Liverpool flags everywhere.

england fans actively trying to make money on spare tickets from other england fans.

Not for me