Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Liverpool 0 Wanderers 0

DomRepWanderer

I'm surprised people seem surprised by the interest in this. It's local, tickets are cheaper than some Championship league games (including our own game on Sat), free travel, a manager we believe in who's got us looking like a team again...what's not to get excited about?

Exactly where I am at. Except the being away bit so have been persuaded to go

Whilst I understand that perspective I'm surprised that you do not see the change in context

For me this represents a number of things

Our growing away support is one

Secondly a belief in the new regime under Sir Lenny

Thirdly, when we played them every year we had 37 other games that were as important; this represents BWFC where we are best; "sticking it to the man", the underdog, the special game, the chance to mix it with the best (well you know...), little old Bolton going against the odds on a one off, not just another game

This is where we (may or may not) excel!

For our new found support over the last decade this is back where we belong; for our generation it's a return to the White hot roots

Yeah it may be a shit day out in the league but this is the magic of the one and only FA Cup and is out only real chance of any glory this season...something we have had no chance of for a couple of years

Embrace it, bring it on, we have new found belief (rightly or wrongly) and it may be, just may be a catalyst for another great period for us like in 93

Why not??

I was one of the few at Chelsea, and we gave a good account of ourselves and that was under that clueless clown DF. Chelsea are 10 times the team Liverpool are so don't see, with a large away contingent, can't trouble these.

Just hope it's not one of them games where everyone is excited and we get mullered, ie stoke

I was one of the few at Chelsea, and we gave a good account of ourselves and that was under that clueless clown DF. Chelsea are 10 times the team Liverpool are so don't see, with a large away contingent, can't trouble these.

Just hope it's not one of them games where everyone is excited and we get mullered, ie stoke

I was at Chelsea and I thought we were awful; embarrassing and should have lost by 10 but for awful finishing by Chelsea

We are much better now and I do expect us to take it to the Scousers.

The last couple of games have been a little flat without much creation and CYL absence could be a factor there and I dont believe he is back for Liverpool; but with the spirit in the club who knows whether it could be 1993 again

One thing for sure I will be there and back our boys no matter what the score

Whilst I understand that perspective I'm surprised that you do not see the change in context

Thirdly, when we played them every year we had 37 other games that were as important; this represents BWFC where we are best; "sticking it to the man", the underdog, the special game, the chance to mix it with the best (well you know...), little old Bolton going against the odds on a one off, not just another game

For our new found support over the last decade this is back where we belong; for our generation it's a return to the White hot roots

Yeah it may be a shit day out in the league but this is the magic of the one and only FA Cup and is out only real chance of any glory this season...something we have had no chance of for a couple of years

Embrace it, bring it on, we have new found belief (rightly or wrongly) and it may be, just may be a catalyst for another great period for us like in 93

Why not??

Spot on, well said. If you're not mithered about the Liverpool game, well good for you. I for one am very much looking forward to it. Decent place for a beer a chance of an upset, what's not to like?

If you're not mithered about this and can only bitch about folk getting tickets who might not be season ticket holders, or moan about how shit/fickle our support is, then what's the point? Go and do something else with your time and stop trying to bring everyone else down to your own depressing misery levels.

• Site Supporter

Don't understand all the bloody excitement on this.

It's hardly the semis and up until a couple of years ago we played them every year and few could be arsed going.

I ain't here personally but wouldn't be going if I was and my lad can't be arsed neither.

Give me the Rotherham and SW games any day.

Me too.

Wasn't bothering, until 2.30pm yesterday, then the beer took over.

There's some fucking miserable cunts who follow us

I'm excited as 2 of my 3 lads haven't seen us play at Anfield so for them it's a big day, they've heard my tales of what it was like to dick them 2-0 20 years ago and would love to experience it themselves

We as a club are on our uppers and Liverpool as a club are very much beatable at the moment so in my opinion that's why folk are getting excited, we probably will get turned over but there's a chance even if it's a very small one that we could cause an upset so for that reason i'm excited 

Fingers crossed we dick them again and all you miserable fuckers will miss another memorable event in the clubs history

• Site Supporter

Why not??

After reading that, I'm getting a ticket on the Kop and I'm going to take the cunts on meself.

Jules Rules.

You'd get hammered.

Went on the kop because couldn't get an away ticket for our 5-2 battering a good few years back got sussed out before kick off, fair play to the scousers or should say Irish/Scandinavians and plastic scousers from Bolton and district????never got any grief.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

I'm surprised people seem surprised by the interest in this. It's local, tickets are cheaper than some Championship league games (including our own game on Sat), free travel, a manager we believe in who's got us looking like a team again...what's not to get excited about?

I'm surprised that the are people who are surprised that people are surprised by the interest. . .

Edited by MickyD

• Site Supporter

Fingers crossed we dick them again and all you miserable fuckers will miss another memorable event in the clubs history

But they'll all recall the evening with fondness in twenty years when it comes up as a thread on here.