Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

Right - forgetting the bent bidding process and the conditions of the migrant workers building the stadiums - does anybody else agree that a Nov/Dec competition has the potential to be ace?

Firstly because it will take up most of the traditional Christmas bullshit season so we'll all be talking about football and not festivities. Secondly just for the novelty factor. And thirdly because we can see whether or not our well worn excuse about our players being tired stands up to scrutiny.

Right - forgetting the bent bidding process and the conditions of the migrant workers building the stadiums - does anybody else agree that a Nov/Dec competition has the potential to be ace?

Firstly because it will take up most of the traditional Christmas bullshit season so we'll all be talking about football and not festivities. Secondly just for the novelty factor. And thirdly because we can see whether or not our well worn excuse about our players being tired stands up to scrutiny.

I agree. Works for me.

Sadly Kent your first sentence is the primary factor for me. Slave labour and removal of passports- too serious to turn a blind eye to. Don't go and bring down Fifa in the process

You're right - obviously. I had a little twinge of guilt while I was typing the question. This is all based purely on the inevitability of it happening. I remember reading last year that at their current rate - 4000 migrant workers will have died building the infrastructure by the time the World Cup kicks off.

• Site Supporter

I have a theory

I think the FA should decide that the only players available for selection come from the third tier of English football and below.

If they make it through the qualifiers, then they get to go to the World Cup

This means the Premier League and Championship are unaffected so the financial loss would be negligable.

If they did qualify, imagine how much it would fuck FIFA off and the support the boys would get would be just phenomenal. No expectations, just unequivocal support.

I'm dead serious. I think it would be magic.

Can't disagree with your thinking

We are nailed on to win

I'm looking forward to it, I think it'll be great. I only wish it was being played over the Christmas break as opposed to just before it

Now that would be ace.

England v Argentina on Boxing Day?

Wowsers.

Genuinely - what's your prediction for where Wanderers will be on the day of the final? I reckon still meandering about in the Championship sadly.

Top half

Of the Prem