Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, stevieb said:

Anyone else still unsure of when this actually starts? 

Shittest World Cup ever. 

I'm going to be whammed with last Christmas ont radio before I get world in motioned at this rate. 

Same. Not got a clue when England play other than 3rd December and that’s because of our game being moved.

22 hours ago, L/H White said:

I think you may like this, the story of Brazil's 82 wolrd cup team (turn subtitles on)

Of course its blocked by FIFA 😃

Listening to a podcast about people's idea of a perfect World Cup and someone's just described this one in Qatar as feeling like it's "non canon"

And that's summed it up perfectly for me!

Edited by Marc505

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Talksport trying to make a full day out the sqaud announcement.

Zero chance Madison makes the sqaud.

Zero Chance Wilson makes it either.

Its Southgate, the sqaud picks itself. My dog could name it.

I don't believe your dog knows 7 right backs.

1 minute ago, L/H White said:

actually, yes, thinking about it he may start

both him and trent are excellent with their delivery, trippier been better defending

Southgate’s got a bad habit of playing Trippier left back, which completely nullifies his main attribute of getting balls in the box without having to cut back and let the defenders set themselves.

I just hope he puts round pegs in round holes. I’d go with your team that you put up earlier, possibly with Trippier instead of Trent on form. I feel like Southgate, and possibly the British public, would still question whether Bellingham is ready for the ‘big stage’ but forget that he’s playing in, and bossing, the biggest games in club football. The front 5 looks as impressive as most (other than Brazil who are a joke), but the defence just looks so weak.

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Southgate’s got a bad habit of playing Trippier left back, which completely nullifies his main attribute of getting balls in the box without having to cut back and let the defenders set themselves.

I just hope he puts round pegs in round holes. I’d go with your team that you put up earlier, possibly with Trippier instead of Trent on form. I feel like Southgate, and possibly the British public, would still question whether Bellingham is ready for the ‘big stage’ but forget that he’s playing in, and bossing, the biggest games in club football. The front 5 looks as impressive as most (other than Brazil who are a joke), but the defence just looks so weak.

Bellingham as ready as Rice & Phillips was the last tournament, has to start for me, will be fetching 80mil plus next summer window

Shaw been playing well, so no need to be mucking around moving trippier over there

Re defence, i'm sure were the best defensively over the last 2 tournaments

1 minute ago, L/H White said:

Bellingham as ready as Rice & Phillips was the last tournament, has to start for me, will be fetching 80mil plus next summer window

Shaw been playing well, so no need to be mucking around moving trippier over there

Re defence, i'm sure were the best defensively over the last 2 tournaments

Agreed on the first 2 points - I just hope Southgate does too.

Can’t say I have a clue on the third, and you could possibly point to the ‘easy’ runs that we’ve had in each, but maybe playing for England gets the best out of players that aren’t exactly first name on the team sheet for their clubs (thinking Stones and Maguire). Here’s hoping, because if the defence works then like I say, I’m sure we’ve got enough in midfield and attack to do alright.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Dr. Feelgood said:

Well, Southgate's 2pm press vonference is going to be a bit of a wet squid.

4Social Media has more or less announced it.

Time was that these things where embargoed & players & media complied with that.

*squib