Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

• Members
6 hours ago, desperado said:

And England in the World Cup. Any other viewpoint IMO, despite all the noise about Qatar/Southgate, doesn’t make sense for any proud Englishman.

Let it not make sense to you then. Lots of things often don't make sense after you've mixed beer and tequila.

8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

You know full well why. When he concentrates solely on football which is what he is paid to do then all well and good. That is what I expect to see from the manager of our national team - every effort to bring success for the long suffering fans.

Whilst he is a Black Lives Matter, LBGTQ alphabetti spaghetti (or whatever the fuck it is these days), equality and diversity eco warrior, he can go fuck himself for my money along with the virtue signalling fat controllers at FA HQ.

For the first time ever in my life, I do not want England to do well at a major footballing tournament. Out at the group stage would not upset me (won't happen). This does not sit well with me but I will console myself with other wins for England in the lasses RU, the mens RL and the T20 World Cups.

Justice for the majority (who pay for everything).

It's not Southgate, it's the FA. Any other manager would be doing the same, whoever replaces him also. It's the national team, they have to be seen to be doing the right things if we like it or not,. different coloured shoe laces shouldn't stop you enjoying your team in a world cup imo.

48 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Guessing I = Imbeciles and A = Aliens?

Intersex and asexual, the + is a catch all for others that don't fit any of the other letters within the acronym, which confuses me a little as I thought that queer now functioned as a general term. I was part of an ally network at my last job so tried to stay current.

I'm sure everyone is aware by now I'm the sort of person that feels all these categories are necessary to allow people to present themselves in a way that best reflects their gender/sexuality and I put my pronouns in bios, feel free to call me a snowflake, etc.

9 hours ago, perth_white said:

Intersex and asexual, the + is a catch all for others that don't fit any of the other letters within the acronym, which confuses me a little as I thought that queer now functioned as a general term. I was part of an ally network at my last job so tried to stay current.

I'm sure everyone is aware by now I'm the sort of person that feels all these categories are necessary to allow people to present themselves in a way that best reflects their gender/sexuality and I put my pronouns in bios, feel free to call me a snowflake, etc.

Snowflake.

etc.

• Members
14 hours ago, L/H White said:

It's not Southgate, it's the FA. Any other manager would be doing the same, whoever replaces him also. It's the national team, they have to be seen to be doing the right things if we like it or not,. different coloured shoe laces shouldn't stop you enjoying your team in a world cup imo.

You are entitled to your opinion. Mine is different. Southgate out.

• Members
13 hours ago, perth_white said:

That may as well have been written in Mandarin. 

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

That may as well have been written in Mandarin. 

I was on smoko with Gazza and Dazza.

Gazza put down his snag, had a blast of a Winnie Blue and said "There's us, gays and lezzers, what the fucks with the rest of this shite? what's this AI+ bollocks?"

Dazza was like "Mate, Shazza is an A. She doesn't like dick or fanny, wants none of it, just no interest in getting rooted at all".

I was like "See Old Mate over there, They are an I, don't really fit into being a Bruce or a Sheila". Gazza goes "Fuck off, have a gander down your trakky dacs, if there's a cock you're a bloke if not you're a bird". I says "Old Mate reckons it's not like that, reckons there's a spectrum and you can be anywhere on it"

Gazza was like "shut up you soft cock".

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Possibly this gambling on matches stuff ?

Very bad timing if that's the case.

I reckon that's probably the case. He's helping the fa with their investigations. Why it takes so long I don't know. He's still playing for his club too.

GS could have selected him I suppose but that might not have gone down well in some quarters. 

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

He must have been a prick around the camp for those friendlies. Its the only explanation as to why he didnt even get on the bench 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Possibly this gambling on matches stuff ?

Very bad timing if that's the case.

Thought it was this. Cross the FA and that’s normally game over.