Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, bolty58 said:

...and, if you hadn't already thought of it, me (and I am sure many others with similar views on all of this woke bullshit infecting our football) have always wanted to see England win  another World Cup and they have always let me down.

This time I do not want them to win it for reasons previously stated. Might they go and do it just to spite me and others like me? Which one of us, to quote chief preacher Southgate will be on 'the losing side'?

Gammons? You mean lifelong supporters who have travelled for probably more decades than you have been alive to support the team?

And yet you and many others seem happy to go round in endless circles with the pointless squabbles of two Scottish teams, who drag tinpot sectarian disputes into every football match.

The same scotland whose national team you smear with all sorts of shit at every opportunity.

”no politics in football (except any political bandwagon I may have jumped on)!!!”

1 hour ago, Spider said:

And yet you and many others seem happy to go round in endless circles with the pointless squabbles of two Scottish teams, who drag tinpot sectarian disputes into every football match.

The same scotland whose national team you smear with all sorts of shit at every opportunity.

”no politics in football (except any political bandwagon I may have jumped on)!!!”

STOP RUINING THREADS!!!!!

28 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I've never been so underwhelmed for the start of a world cup

Me neither, along with everything else I think over the years you just get conditioned into the club season finishing and getting that out of your system then into summer and this massive cultural event.

Whereas this time its cold and dark and we've got Fleetwood away in the rain coming up and we can't score goals anymore. WC doesn't feel like a treat to me this time, it feels more like a piss take.

2 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

The whole thing is a farce. A World Cup in November for Christ's sake! Blatter has admitted now that it was a mistake. What an absolute tool. 

Just now I don't know when England are playing and out of the make-up of each group I only know England's. Says it all.  

He's shifting blame because of expediency. He wants to land this all at Platini's feet. This was corruption throughout the organisation, and it still goes on.

It doesn't end at Blatter and Platini.

If Qatar changes Fifa at a fundamental level, if fans wake up and see how corrupt it is, then maybe its going to be for the good of the game.

10 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

He's shifting blame because of expediency. He wants to land this all at Platini's feet. This was corruption throughout the organisation, and it still goes on.

It doesn't end at Blatter and Platini.

If Qatar changes Fifa at a fundamental level, if fans wake up and see how corrupt it is, then maybe its going to be for the good of the game.

It's what happens when you have big unaccountable organisations with loads of money swilling around and little transparency. Folk like them two think they can act with impunity. 

15 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

It's what happens when you have big unaccountable organisations with loads of money swilling around and little transparency. Folk like them two think they can act with impunity. 

The whole organisation acts with impunity. Governments throughout the world bow to it for the money they bring, they are so powerful, and as you say, unaccountable because as long as people kick a ball on a pitch, we ignore the rest.

6 minutes ago, tomski said:

Yep. It was a weird trek into hooliganism with no end. Prefer the sky doc ones considerably.

I really didn't get what they were trying to achieve with it. It barely showed any match action, virtually zero from games not involving England and for what? To say football was cured afterwards?

We'll just ignore riots all over Europe in the run up to Euro 92 and USA 94 shall we.

Enjoyed the Sky ones though too. Surprised Ireland and Scotland didn't get a single mention 🤣