Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

A question:

If the unlikely happens and England go on to win the World Cup for the first time in 56* years will folk still say it was a shit World Cup?

*Sickens me that Badiel & Skinner’s Three Lions only spoke of 30 years of hurt. Next World Cup will be 60 so best we win it this year.

Did they not say they were releasing an up to date version of 3 Lions??

• Moderators
5 hours ago, emus wig said:

Done Serge Gnabry for the krauts at 50s he’s 20 from 36 in internationals they seem to score plenty but are shite at the back . 

Had an each way bey on Gnarby 👍

Best value looks to be each way Martinez at 20/1

5 hours ago, MickyD said:

A question:

If the unlikely happens and England go on to win the World Cup for the first time in 56* years will folk still say it was a shit World Cup?

*Sickens me that Badiel & Skinner’s Three Lions only spoke of 30 years of hurt. Next World Cup will be 60 so best we win it this year.

If we did win the WC some cunts will moan about Southgate.

• Members
22 hours ago, DazBob said:

Fuck the World Cup, I  want to know what Bolty's family name motto is.

Now don't become obsessed Roberto - like yon mon I've had on ignore for years. You'll be hanging on my every word like he does if you maintain your current trajectory ;)

I'll not quote you the Latin because, inter alia :D, it's  boring and pretentious. It translates to "I aim at high things" which is uncannily accurate in my case (one swallow does not a girlfriend make).

• Members
20 hours ago, Underpants said:

Apathy.

Pubs not doing their bit.

Hardly any flags on cars.

Media coverage seems underwhelming.

Teams don't seem arsed.

Supermarkets decked out for Christmas instead of flags and WC stuff.

My WC wall chart isn't even up.

Has the feeling and the anticipation of a RL World Cup.

I was listening to this Bulling 'em twat this morning about how the self righteous fuckers will ignore FIFA fines and potential further punishments and continue with their virtue signalling orgy whatever the cost to the team.

So, the virtue signalling now takes precedence over football success. Shouldn't really be a surprise the way they've been going. I hope they give Wales and Iran a good beating because they are both cunts in one way or another and then get knocked out in the first knockout stage game.

I will be hoping Brazil win it. Football comes first in everything their squad does.

• Members
18 hours ago, DazBob said:

... or be the coolest around by saying you hope England lose because Southgate is a decent human being.

Don't see it as cool in the slightest matey. Pragmatic more like. Sick to the back teeth of cunts believing they can tell us (or brainwash us) into thinking or saying things in a way that won't upset their delicate guilt complexes.

Just fuck off - it's football - or at least it should be. Don't need these multiple sideshows.

Southgate out. Forca Brasil.

Edited by bolty58

• Members
16 hours ago, desperado said:

And then become an expert and get some pretend kudos by saying any number of things like;

”I knew it was going to be a shit show”

”England will never be good enough at this level”  (despite a semi and final)

”We were never going to get any further than the Quarters”

”We’ve gone backwards”

Therefore…

”Southgate has to go”

”The FA are shit”

”It’s all wrong at grassroots level”

”Why was this player picked?”

”Why wasn’t he playing”

”I’m happy I took my stance and didn’t watch because the whole England set-up is woke and /or It should never have gone ahead in Qatar” 

Mark me down for the last one pal. Just drop the 'and/or' and replace it with a full stop. Ta.

• Site Supporter

Just been on local news. A bar in Liverpool has announced it will not be showing World Cup games in protest at Qatar’s human rights issues and their stance on LGBT++++ rights.

Not because they have no TV licence to screen sport then?

Apparently the Qatari Royal Family have, today ... two days before the tournament starts Apparently ... decided no alcohol be sold in the grounds and all Budweiser adverts be removed or covered up.

Now, I won't be there & am no fan of Bud & won't be impacted by this in the slightest but it is yet more proof of why a tournament luke this shouldn't be in this country. If you needed more.

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Apparently the Qatari Royal Family have, today ... two days before the tournament starts Apparently ... decided no alcohol be sold in the grounds and all Budweiser adverts be removed or covered up.

Now, I won't be there & am no fan of Bud & won't be impacted by this in the slightest but it is yet more proof of why a tournament luke this shouldn't be in this country. If you needed more.

Said on the radio it could jeopardise the contract bud have with fifa.

I reckon the Qatari family might be able to match :)

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Just been on local news. A bar in Liverpool has announced it will not be showing World Cup games in protest at Qatar’s human rights issues and their stance on LGBT++++ rights.

To be fair they do have a license and hold many sporting events.

they were however not holding any events anyway. They have a full calendar pretty much. 

it’s an easy win for the PR however many have mocked them for it. 

• Site Supporter

1982 was the first world cup I remember

2022 will be the first world cup I won't remember in a few years time. 

I'm working on Monday so won't be watching England and that will be the case on any other normal work day England play. Not in the least bit arsed either.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Big E said:

To be fair they do have a license and hold many sporting events.

they were however not holding any events anyway. They have a full calendar pretty much. 

it’s an easy win for the PR however many have mocked them for it. 

Whilst I did say it was more likely the lack of licence, it was actually my best guess that this isn’t so much support for human rights and LGBT+++ issues. Your response confirms I was on the right lines.

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Not showing it achieves nothing in my opinion, but their entitled to go with what they think is best.

This pub I used to drink at in Bristol has the best response for me. The last paragraph tells you all you need to know about why they’re showing the games. 

D413BB66-650E-4766-94C9-580DB188DE9F.thumb.jpeg.2e03018a9db7390a33531361d8bdc3db.jpeg