Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

2 hours ago, Big E said:

In all the documentaries I’ve seen it said no ale was being served in the ground. I assume this is the zero stuff being removed .

"Following discussions between host country authorities and Fifa, a decision has been made to focus the sale of alcoholic beverages on the Fifa fan festival, other fan destinations and licensed venues, removing sales points of beer from Qatar's Fifa World Cup 2022 stadium perimeters," said a statement from world football's governing body.

"There is no impact to the sale of Bud Zero which will remain available at all Qatar's World Cup stadiums."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63674631

• Moderators

the highlight of Germany 06 was the fact I was able to have several beers in my seat watching Germany v Sweden

fuck Qatar and FIFA

however, every game is on TV, so I'm in

it is what it is, none of this Gary Lineker-eqsue pontification to be found here

• Site Supporter

I've just noticed that Canada have a team at the wc

Tickled me, that. Dunno why.

Anyway, had a text off a mate who's there for 3 weeks and he LOVES a drink. The news has not gone down well as they are renting a villa and also just found out they are restricted to one case of beer per week from the shop using a license their local bloke has. One case between 8 of them.

He'll be on a flight home by friday i reckon.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Spider said:

had a look at their squad

turns out Junior Hoilett plays for them

and Alphonso Davies and Jonathan David

they're the only ones I've heard of

there's a bloke from St Johnstone too

thought Paul Peschsolido might still be going, but no, though their captain is 39

19 minutes ago, Spider said:

Anyway, had a text off a mate who's there for 3 weeks and he LOVES a drink. The news has not gone down well as they are renting a villa and also just found out they are restricted to one case of beer per week from the shop using a license their local bloke has. One case between 8 of them.

He'll be on a flight home by friday i reckon.

my mate lives out there, he loaded up a few weeks ago, 4 cases from some warehouse jobby they have to go to cost him around £250 :D

Edited by L/H White

3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

1982 was the first world cup I remember

2022 will be the first world cup I won't remember in a few years time. 

I'm working on Monday so won't be watching England and that will be the case on any other normal work day England play. Not in the least bit arsed either.

THIS 

2 hours ago, Zico said:

had a look at their squad

turns out Junior Hoilett plays for them

and Alphonso Davies and Jonathan David

they're the only ones I've heard of

there's a bloke from St Johnstone too

thought Paul Peschsolido might still be going, but no, though their captain is 39

paul peschisolido is probably as old as owen hargreaves's dad. 

Edited by e2e4
typos

19 hours ago, Zico said:

Had an each way bey on Gnarby 👍

Best value looks to be each way Martinez at 20/1

Got horrible feeling the Argies are going to win it but I couldn’t bring myself to back them so I did Messi to win player of the tournament at 12s . Been getting a bit carried away 😐. Love the World Cup even if it is in December not happy about Qatar hosting it but it wont stop me being glued to it for the next month four games a day is ace 🙃

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, emus wig said:

Got horrible feeling the Argies are going to win it but I couldn’t bring myself to back them so I did Messi to win player of the tournament at 12s . Been getting a bit carried away 😐. Love the World Cup even if it is in December not happy about Qatar hosting it but it wont stop me being glued to it for the next month four games a day is ace 🙃

I'm probably in for a lot of them too.

Convenient time to have partially hacked through my thumb.