Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

• Moderators
2 hours ago, L/H White said:

Today's the day 

Can't wait 

£10 on a shot on target in first ten mins at evens 

The first/last goal and anytime plus shots on target bets on the Qatar left back Hassan 

Looks like I'm going to be having lots of bets over the next few weeks 

13 hours ago, royal white said:

WTF? I’m guessing the wine gums are going down a treat. 

I wish mate

Had a 9am game with these to be at this morning. 

image.png.1bd4e87843f19d0cc12abef9f7c0bd9e.png

you should come up for a game sometime, might ease a bit of the bitterness about all those Albanians. 

It wasn’t too difficult a point to understand RW, you said we should respect Qatar, “their laws and their lands”. Thought that sounded funny coming from a good  British Military man like yourself.

Edited by London Wanderer

11 hours ago, Cheese said:

It's pretty simple. Political decisions affect every single person on the planet. They affect people in some countries more than they do in others, but they affect everyone one way or another. Footballers are people. If they want to use their platform to draw attention to a cause, they should have every right to do so. If they don't want to, they have every right not to. It's very odd that a lot of today's "Free Speech" warriors think footballers should just shut up.

Well put Cheese, sums it up perfectly.

Football has lived and breathed politics from the moment it was born. Working class communities had to fight hard for the right to play. 

Anyways, I’ll leave this thread for the football,  for the time being 😉

hopefully Qatar will regret not playing any competitive football and crumble in this group.

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I read the other week that their players hadn’t been playing non international league football for months… thought that was a bit of a gamble, could also be a masterstroke

They'll bribe their way to the second stages. Get ready for some very odd play & even odder refereeing decisions. 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, royal white said:

So was the aim to talk about the issue or to give him some publicity so people know who he is? 

As I said, it was to raise the issue, which - as you are demonstrating here - has worked.

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

“And you didn't even know who he was beforehand. So it's worked.”

I like millions of others knew the issue. It’s obviously more for the self publicity.

Aye

As said previously, the option is Beckham drops all his appearances etc and lycett donates the money to charity to raise awareness

Everyone knows this isn't going to happen so it goes to his next option it's shredding the money 

Therefore devoiding any charity of the money he said he could give 

Publicity stunt 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, royal white said:

“And you didn't even know who he was beforehand. So it's worked.”

I like millions of others knew the issue. It’s obviously more for the self publicity.

And you're talking about it even more now.

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

I read the other week that their players hadn’t been playing non international league football for months… thought that was a bit of a gamble, could also be a masterstroke

Finished in September, but gave played loads of internationals over the last couple of years, including playing in qualifying, when they didn’t need.

Edited by globaldiver

7 minutes ago, Cheese said:

And you're talking about it even more now.

Correct with people who knew all about what’s happening in Qatar and has been for years. It was a publicity stunt. I doubt many on here will go and watch him now we have had this conversation. He’ll probably end up coming out it looking a bell end. The things folk will do for 2 mins of publicity.